User Tag List

Thread: Quest Help... In more ways than one.

KP9000

Quest Help... In more ways than one.

Well, I just downloaded version 2.10 and started playing the 210test.qst, and I'm having a bit of trouble on it.

1) Apparently this one is modeled after the first quest in the original, but it has added aspects. I can't figure out why I can't use bombs, or my blue candle. I'm stuck in the Moon Dungeon, (level 2) and can't kill Dodongo without bombs. I used the cheat (zelda) and gave myself bombs, but when I turned it back off, and collected a set of more bombs, the bomb count dropped to zero.

2) I tried searching Google for some help for the quest, but I found nothing.

So, I decided to come to the next best place and post for some information on this quest, and for help on the quest itself seeing as I could not find information anywhere else.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.92%

Re: Quest Help... In more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by KP9000 View Post
    Well, I just downloaded version 2.10 and started playing the 210test.qst, and I'm having a bit of trouble on it.

1) Apparently this one is modeled after the first quest in the original, but it has added aspects. I can't figure out why I can't use bombs, or my blue candle. I'm stuck in the Moon Dungeon, (level 2) and can't kill Dodongo without bombs. I used the cheat (zelda) and gave myself bombs, but when I turned it back off, and collected a set of more bombs, the bomb count dropped to zero.

2) I tried searching Google for some help for the quest, but I found nothing.

So, I decided to come to the next best place and post for some information on this quest, and for help on the quest itself seeing as I could not find information anywhere else.
    You suffer from the newbish (not N00BISH) problem everyone else has: BOMBS AND MAGIC ARE SET AT 0! In ZQuest, open 2.10test (It's an example quest, so it's unpassworded, but exmaple_bs1st IS, but that was a mistake). Go into Init. Data and set both Max Bombs and Max Magic to whatever you feel like. I'd suggest 8 for Bombs and 4 for magic. Max can go no higher than 8 for Magic. It can get over 200 for Bombs, though. :p

While you're at it, go to Map 2 in the editor and search for Level 4. You'll find some odd structure in one of its rooms. One side of it is a Cave (Walk Down) combo, while the other is Stairs. Set the Cave combo to stairs. If you can'tfind it, just scroll down the combo pages until you do. It's right after all the clouds and lightning effects. You can't miss it.

Edit: By the way, did you happen to come here from Acmlm's Board???

KP9000

Okay, thanks for your help.

Is there a guide to this quest somewhere? All of the new items are very intriguing. I can't wait to check them out.

Yes, I did come from Acmlm. I'm glad I'm being noticed!

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.92%

Quote Originally Posted by KP9000 View Post
    Okay, thanks for your help.

Is there a guide to this quest somewhere? All of the new items are very intriguing. I can't wait to check them out.

Yes, I did come from Acmlm. I'm glad I'm being noticed!
    Errr... Not really. 2.10test is an Example Quest used to showcase the cool features of 2.10. It's exactly like the original first quest, except it uses some new items, it has modified tiles from The Legend of Zelda: Link Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons, and some doors are now Boss Doors. This is why you must change that Level-4 thing- Otherwise, you can't get the level's boss key, and thus, can't finish the quest. O_o
    And by the way, I knew you came from Acmlm's BECAUSE I'VE SEEN YOU THERE. :p Oh, by the way, the newest betas have more things in them. Go check out the beta forums- They're public right now, so hurry! Oh yeah, and there's a few things you should check out:
    -2.11 beta 15: First beta with Roc's Feather, falling items, and Sideview Gravity.
    -Scripting Forum: The 2.11 betas have scripting functions. You can use either ZScript, which must be compiled from directly in the ZQuest editor, nd ZASM, which you must make in Notepad, save as a .txt file, and import into ZQuest. ZScript is different. You CAN make it in Notepad, but you must save the file with the extension *.z. You can then open up the "Compile ZScript" dialogue (under tools), import the script, change any values you need to change, and compile it. Select the slot to choose, and you're done.
    -2.11 beta 16: You can attach scripts to ITEMS in this beta! To do so, the script MUST BE MADE IN ZSCRIPT. Second, instead of "ffc script script_name", it has to use "item" in place of "ffc". By the way, "FFC" stands for "Freeform Combos". Anyways, once you compile that, you must click the Item tab and place it there. Then, place the script on the item! :)
    -Cane of Somaria script: Okay, I'll admit it. I'm trying to get people to use it. It IS my first script, after all. Every played Oracle of Ages and cleared Level 5: Crown Dungeon? You'll have found an item called the Cane of Somaria. When used, it creates a block (normally red). If used again while a block is still around, the first is destroyed and a second is made. If you hita block with your sword, it vanishes. My script does the exact same thing, so check it out when you get the chance.

Okay, I'm rambling. If you wish to know more, feel free to PM me.
    2.10test has a few "bugs" (more of things that were overlooked), but it also uses special features. For example, Level 2 has the Boots. They allow you to cross Damage combos, like those spikes. They require magic to protect you from them, though. Search hard for the fabled Hookshot! It allows you to grab onto Hookshot Grab combos to gain special treasures and stuff! Find the hidden cave in Death Mountain, and you may be rewarded with the Fire Boomerang! It HARMS all enemies, and leaves a fire trail that damages them, too! If you find the amazing Lens of Truth (Ocarina of Time item), you can reveal secret flags! But it requires magic, so be careful! For more information, please feel free to PM the creator of this post. Thank you.

Thread Information