Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

Re: Legend of Zelda: Fragmented Land

Dianne I haven't actually heard of that problem before (maybe its on the help forums?). It may be a bug with the beta but I'm not sure. I used the beta because the BS tileset animations are all screwed up with 2.10. So far, it has worked well for everyone who has played it without any significant bugs. Tell me this, did you download just the game file on its own from my site and play it on your own player or did you download the folder from my site that has the game file, tileset, and zelda-w player? You need to make sure the tileset, game file, and player are in the same folder. Also, check what directory Zelda-w is trying to read to play the game. Is it possible that it is looking in a directory that doesn't have the game file? Let me know if you get it working. If you didn't download the folder with the player and game included from the site, give it a try! If you don't change the name of the folder zelda-w should automatically point to that folder to find the game.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

Fajz, no, it won't work with 2.10 because there are animation mistakes with 2.10 and I added a couple things only 2.11 beta can do. It works fine on my comp (windows XP) without any major bugs or glitches. If you are interested in playing just download the first file that includes the 2.11 player and game file. Don't change the folder name and the game should load right up.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.62%

When I check the files there isn't one that says tileset. As all I do is play the games and know nothing about how to make them or what should or shouldn't be there, I'm at a loss. Is there a missing file?

Dianne
    "OLD BROAD"

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

Dianne, download the folder from the first link on the site that says player and game file (if you have already done it, delete all the old files from my game and try this again). Extract the folder, but whatever you do don't change the folder's name. The folder should say New Beta ZC. In that folder is the quest file the tileset for Zelda BS and the player, it has everything you need to play so you don't need anything else. Now, in the folder, when you open the player and register your name, load the custom quest. The player should automatically browse to the New Beta ZC folder with the quest file that you need (assuming that you didn't change the name of anything). Fragmented Land.qst should be in the list. You should also see 1st.qst and a couple other things. Select fragmented land and everything should work, unless there is some problem between the beta player and your computer. If so, that would be a question for the ZC help forums. I know sometimes peoples comps don't like certain versions of Zelda-W. My friend e-mailed me yesterday and said he had a problem with it saying file not found too, but it was because he had changed the folder name to something else and the player didn't know where to look for the game, it tries to look in the New Beta ZC folder first. Ok, let me know if you can get it to work. I also have directions on my webpage. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Zelda Classic so I apologize if these directions are too basic. Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.57%

I need help with lv2. Have been all over the level and can't find the boss key. Can you please tell me where it is?
    I'm not having any problems, it seems to be working fine.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

Crackers, the boss key is hidden in the room with the boss key door. One of the blocks that surround the room can be struck with the boomerang. I tried to make it so that that specific block type (not the normal block type) is a trigger for secrets in alot of the dungeons. Sometimes you need to use your sword, sometimes the arrow, sometimes the boomerang. Also, don't forget to check the website, it has full maps of all the dungeons with the boss key and magic item labeled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.57%

Thanks for the help. I'm going to check out the website right now.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

I posted a game update on my website. I made some fairly minor changes, nothing that greatly effects the game, but one change provides a better hint in a crucial area later in the game. Another change effects the text of the guy at the entrance of the black area at the upper right of the overworld map. What he said before didn't make much sense. If you want the update just go to my site and download the quest file. Then replace the quest file you already have. Nick

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.62%

Quote Originally Posted by tharsis26 View Post
    Dianne, download the folder from the first link on the site that says player and game file (if you have already done it, delete all the old files from my game and try this again). Extract the folder, but whatever you do don't change the folder's name. The folder should say New Beta ZC. In that folder is the quest file the tileset for Zelda BS and the player, it has everything you need to play so you don't need anything else. Now, in the folder, when you open the player and register your name, load the custom quest. The player should automatically browse to the New Beta ZC folder with the quest file that you need (assuming that you didn't change the name of anything). Fragmented Land.qst should be in the list. You should also see 1st.qst and a couple other things. Select fragmented land and everything should work, unless there is some problem between the beta player and your computer. If so, that would be a question for the ZC help forums. I know sometimes peoples comps don't like certain versions of Zelda-W. My friend e-mailed me yesterday and said he had a problem with it saying file not found too, but it was because he had changed the folder name to something else and the player didn't know where to look for the game, it tries to look in the New Beta ZC folder first. Ok, let me know if you can get it to work. I also have directions on my webpage. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Zelda Classic so I apologize if these directions are too basic. Nick

Thanks for the help but I now think I know what's wrong. When I ask my unzipper to "extract here" it does but when I ask it to "open" it tells me there is and error in the files. Do you have any idea of another site where I can download the 211 b player?

Dianne
    "OLD BROAD"

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.08%

Where's the Ladder? I need it to get to Level 3.

FZ

Never Mind. Nice hint about fire and bridging water gaps.
    I intend to live forever.....so far so good

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.....
    coincidence....I THINK NOT!!!

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Why do you never read in a newspaper...
    "Psychic wins Lottery"

Thread Information