Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.68%

What are tile---

What are tile mods? Shoelace tells me he used these in his quest but he doesnt remember how to use them... Apparently he used them to make link have a scabbard when he receives a sword in version 2.10 HoD. Do you ZC Developers, zquest users, other, know how this works?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%

Re: What are tile---

Link Tile Modification. Each item has a field in which you can enter this value (it's under Graphics->Sprites->Items in ZCb1.25). When Link has an item in his inventory, the game will look ahead a number of tiles equal to the Link Tile Modification on the tile sheet. So putting a Link Tile Modification value of 200 in the proper field on the Wooden Sword will cause the game to look 200 tiles further for Link's tiles. You can make new sprites for Link to reflect what he is holding this way.

Be advised: multiple item offsets STACK. So if Link picks up a shield with an Link Tile Modification of 100, it will ADD to his Sword's value, and the game will look 300 tiles further to find Link's tiles.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

Re: What are tile---

I got a PM from bluedeath wanting me to explain it clearer. C-Dawg is exactly right. First make sure you have the quest rule on Link Tile Mods. Go to Graphics -> Sprites -> Items. And go to the item that you want the Tile Mods to work on. For Example I used the sword for my tile Mods which made the sword on his back. When you are editing the item, there is a place where it says Link Tile Mod and it is set to 0. Change that number to the number of where you want the Link Tiles to be. I put something like 96900, and that is why my Link tiles were at page 193 or something like that. But just put in the number of where you are going to put your new Link.

If you notice the shield automatically has a Link Tile Mod. Which is how it changes its tiles. You are going to have to do a trail and error to see if you are getting it to look right, which is what I did.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.92%

Question Re: What are tile---

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    Be advised: multiple item offsets STACK. So if Link picks up a shield with an Link Tile Modification of 100, it will ADD to his Sword's value, and the game will look 300 tiles further to find Link's tiles.
    What would happen if:
    The sword has link tile mod #20, and the shield (both lv 1) has link tile mod of 20 again. If you pick up the shield first, will it skip 20 tiles, or 40?

Thread Information