User Tag List

Thread: More Questions, pallettes and more

Darkechibi

Red face More Questions, pallettes and more

Thanks for all the help earlier, heres some more posers for you guys if you would be kind enough.

Ok I think I am getting this somewhat. Still I seem to be missing some actual important info.

1. I see that there are more than 11 csets in each pallete, on the otherhand I cant access them, is this intentional if not what am I doing wrong. I am using the numeric pads + and -. The primary problem is that I am hitting a lack of colors wall. I think I should only need another 6-12 colors max. I think I could get away with less than 6, any advice. if it's any help I am using the "adventure" tileset

What are the Alternate csets, and how do I access them.
    could they help my problem?

Now Let me ask some Ques. that are formost on my mind for what I have planned.
    By the way,I am not looking for a comprehensive answer to these, its too early for that, but just yes or no's would be great.

2. can link change clothes? not merely a pallette shift but based on what items the player has, can the tiles be switched to a totally new set.

3. can I have monsters that behave even exactly like standard monsters, but diffrent graphics without replacing the stock critters.

I hope this is not too much data requested too quickly and again thanks!

DC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.98%

Re: More Questions, pallettes and more

I'm not sure about your pallete problem, but what do you mean you need more colors. Are you making your own tiles, or somthing?
    Yes, Link can change clothes, under item data, you should see a box called Link Tile Modifier. The number entered in this is how many tiles away Link's appearence shifts when you get it. This is how the shields work, they change Links whole tile when he gets them.
    As for enemies, yes you can have different graphics but WITH replacing the stock critters in 2.10-b15, or new ones completely in b16, if you happen to be using that.

Darkechibi

Smile Re: More Questions, pallettes and more

OOOps,
    yes I am trying to make tiles. Editing some, copying others, and completly new from the ground up. What it is that I want to use the different clothing at different times. but the limit of the greens only on the pallette is killing me.

Thats some great news for my quests plan thanks!

DC

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

Re: More Questions, pallettes and more

When you get the Red, Blue and Gold rings, it replaces Cset 6 in the main palette with Cset 6,7 and 8 respectively in the Extra Sprite 1 Palette. This alters Link's sprite to these colours, but also alters EVERYTHING using Cset 6 (including any tiles you've put down in this Cset, Pol's Voices, other sprites etc.) This way you can change the colour of link's clothes, but it adds extra defence, and you can't go back as far as im aware.

Thread Information