Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Re: Enemy Editor Discussion and Questions

the new X factor makes the tektites and Vires more annoying than ever. Its harder than hell to hit them now, probably because they are usually 'never' on your playing field for more than a second or two.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%

Is there currently a way to give Diggdoger weapon abilities? I can't get the damn thing to do anything but float around and look pretty. It occured to me that THIS is the next best thing compared to the 2x2 enemies everyone wants to get their hands on. Actually, much better based on movement. I hope to further customize this badboy in the future, and already have pages of 2x2 tiles ripped, and waiting to tear link a new one.

...and L, how long is it gonna take to get a enemy ID list. Of course i'd like to know the ID of newly created enemies as well. I'm guessing your hard at work getting all this stuff ready for the next beta and all.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.17%

I'm not sure why this topic was dredged up, but let me make a few points perfectly clear:

1. We strive for compatibility when making new features. If a quest from a full public release (1.90, 1.92, 2.10, etc) no longer runs on the ZC player, that is a bug and will be fixed.
    I am very sorry that some of you will have to remake your custom enemies, although doing so will luckily take a relatively small amount of time. However, though every effort will be made to ensure that builds do not break quests from older builds, no compatibility is guaranteed - with builds coming out as often as they do, we have to be allowed to change our minds if we add a feature only to realize later that we were smoking crack at the time. Moreover, some bugs, such as the recent spate of item property problems, simply cannot be automatically fixed without user intervention.
    It's been said time and again, and is found in the text file that comes with all alpha builds, but alpha builds are intended to help us find bugs, NOT for quest building. Build quests on these builds AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you have been building quests on the builds, 99% of your quest still works perfectly. But you have entirely no grounds for complaining about the other 1%. If this misunderstanding persists, we will stop publishing alpha builds and beta testing will be closed to the general public.

2. You are welcome to vent frustration about the pace, scope, bugginess, etc. of ZC development in this forum; we are not fascists and we will listen to criticism. However, no further flaming of L or any other member will be tolerated. If you have a problem with a specific developer, I urge you to PM that developer or Dark Nation, the project lead.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    ...and L, how long is it gonna take to get a enemy ID list. Of course i'd like to know the ID of newly created enemies as well. I'm guessing your hard at work getting all this stuff ready for the next beta and all.
    Oh, uh, right. Thanks for reminding me.

P.S: Have you tried reading std.zh? I hear it has a mighty fine list of enemy IDs.

Thread Information