User Tag List

Thread: Dungeon Help!

hammerbromike

Dungeon Help!

I just started using Zelda Classic and I don't know how to make dungeons. I know how to name the dungeons I want to make, choose the color, background music, but I don't know how to edit the maps and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.06%

Re: Dungeon Help!

First of all, on the DMap screen(the place with the music, etc), make sure that on the first page it says dungeon and not overworld, and then make sure that the map #. is the one you want. Than go to that map(I'm assuming you know how to move between maps, the < and > keys.), go to screen 83, and draw a doorless, floorless version of your basic room. (walls, pretty much). Now, on any screen you want, you can just use "template" to speed stuff up. Note: DO NOT MANUALLY DRAW DOORS. Use the doors tool. And more advanced questions, feel free to ask. I think the link to Alphadawgs tutorial is broken, or I'd send you there.

hammerbromike

Thanks, but how do I make an entrance of a dungeon? I mean like going into the black entrance to some, how do I link the entrance to a dungeon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.06%

Certain combos that look like cave entrances have that type. Once you put them on the screen, than go to data_>tile warp-> and set the map and screen you want to go to. Keep in mind that Dungeon maps are relative, so check on the DMap screen what the screen number is, not the one in the corner. Than go to that screen and set the blue square where you want link to appear. (The bluesquare is in the toolbar at the bottem. Reach it by hittin PgUp and PgDwn. There are icons there for item and stiff to)

Thread Information