Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 16

Adding bottomless pits and drownable water solves several problems.

* Since drowning water must be walkable, it will no longer stop Octorok projectiles and other such things from passing across it. It also eliminates the not-so-logical dipping-into-water delay.
    * It also allows the quest maker to use pit combos that both the Ladder and the Feather can cross. Or pits that require jumping off the Ladder!
    * And thirdly, it eliminates the use of pit warps, damage combos and extra screens that are currently used to simulate bottomless pits.

In fact, I've already got the basics laid down. In the coming builds the "Can Drown in Walkable Water" quest rule should be available. (Note: I don't control the release of builds, so don't expect it tomorrow.)

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    Adding bottomless pits and drownable water solves several problems.

* Since drowning water must be walkable, it will no longer stop Octorok projectiles and other such things from passing across it. It also eliminates the not-so-logical dipping-into-water delay.
    * It also allows the quest maker to use pit combos that both the Ladder and the Feather can cross. Or pits that require jumping off the Ladder!
    * And thirdly, it eliminates the use of pit warps, damage combos and extra screens that are currently used to simulate bottomless pits.
    And Sideview Ladders solve the problems about going up in gravity rooms. So, instead of looking at them as more new features, perhaps you could either look at them as updates to old features or BUGFIXES? I mean, if you're going to look at finishing the "Not Implemented" items in the Subscreen Editor as bugfixes, then you HAVE to look at a few of _L_'s ideas as bugfixes, too. Drowning and falling have already been started, according to jman, and Sideview ladders have been REQUIRED since Gravity came into ZC, which TECHNICALLY could be considered an unimplimented feature! So at least let Falling, Drowning, and Sideview Ladders come into ZCV without arguement. You have to admit, with what's already been done, they HAVE to be put in, so why not just bury the hatchet right here and right now? It'll make everyone happy.

...And now I run away so I can stay out of this! :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe View Post
    Yeah Freedom...
    _L_'s features have been ruining ZC for a long time

-_-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

don't forget that removing unfinished stuff is like the biggest kind of a fix for bugs....
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.34%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    don't forget that removing unfinished stuff is like the biggest kind of a fix for bugs....
    Not if its already so deeply entrenched and woven with the rest of the source - then it can be quite annoying to unhook it from the rest of it. Believe me, I'm currently having the fun converting a DirectX program to OpenGL, which means I am trying to unhook all of my "pure" game engine from my sprite engine and graphics code...

I agree with -L- that it is very important to finish what one has started. The before announced additions will finally round out weakspots that currently exist - and make 2.5 a definitive release. :)

splatty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.15%

Quote Originally Posted by splattergnome View Post
    Not if its already so deeply entrenched and woven with the rest of the source - then it can be quite annoying to unhook it from the rest of it. Believe me, I'm currently having the fun converting a DirectX program to OpenGL, which means I am trying to unhook all of my "pure" game engine from my sprite engine and graphics code...

I agree with -L- that it is very important to finish what one has started. The before announced additions will finally round out weakspots that currently exist - and make 2.5 a definitive release. :)

splatty
    Where that all may be true, the problem seems to be that _L_ hasn't been FINISHING things before moving on to some other new addition, and that seems to be the biggest underlying problem with testing then....
    Knowing if it's a bug or if it was never finished to start with and as such THAT is the reason it won't work.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

also... you can remove access to the end user to the parts that are woven deeply into the code so as to not upset other parts of the code till a suitable replacement is made.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

doombadass

i like the way it is set up so far but it is just a bata but it is still very asome. i cant wait for the full viershion comes out but the bata vershion i am useing of the 2.11 bata (16) is still the beast one out there.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%

Quote Originally Posted by doombadass View Post
    i like the way it is set up so far but it is just a bata but it is still very asome. i cant wait for the full viershion comes out but the bata vershion i am useing of the 2.11 bata (16) is still the beast one out there.
    Glad to see your enthusiasm, but wow. I hope you proof-read your future posts a bit more before posting stuff like this. Get a spell checker, please.

Thread Information