0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 16

_L_,

There are 17 full pages of bugs right now, and the list is growing everyday.

Jman would have long ago realized his goal and had a stable release out, had it not been for you adding things that are unfinished and bugged up.

yet....
    You continue to add add add more more more.

When can we honestly expect you to actually get what you have added fixed and stop adding more?

The program has long since become totally unuseable, at best I might salvage what I had done in my quest, back in b15, and with a lot of repairwork possibly save.

I've long since come to the conclusion you are actually Glenn the Great, under the assumed name of _L_, come to put the last nail in the Zelda Classic coffin, by filling it with bloat that doesn't work and forever more corrupting it to its very foundation.

When can we expect a working Zelda Classic?
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I like ZC as it is, to remake the engine would mean that this community would
    fall to the same fate as 2.5. in short it would no longer be ZC, just a knock off
    of the many existing RPG making games, that are as impersonal as anything.

ZC may be aging, but it is Zelda, and to change now to a RPG clone, would lose
    the feel of what made me come here in the first place. I like Zelda, as do many
    of you. the engine has expanded far beyond it's original constraints to become
    what you see today, I know there are a ton of bugs from trying to add too many
    new features at a time, but as you can see though, new features still can be done.

why start a new engine now, when all you have to do is go get already
    existing RPG making software, it would be no different. now if the new
    engine was backwards compatable with old ZC quests, but feature the
    LTTP / MC engine then that would be fine. but a full on full RPG making cloner
    WHY?, when you already have so many available to you now... go use one of them and leave ZC alone.

ZC is ZC and always should be, even if you move along to the Z3 engine at
    least it would still be in the Zelda realm, and you can make better quests
    I know with Z3, but like I said Z3 is still Zelda, and that is what this
    community is a ZELDA fan based arena.

I have been a ZC user for almost 3 years now, and I like it as it is, and I am
    sure i'm not alone... I mean add new features YES!!!, by all means but YES
    too no more until it has been made fully stable.

and I hope that it will be soon as I have put off quests to wait for a stable
    release.

I know I don't post much here or at PZC, but after reading I thought I would
    speak my piece as you all have done. but just because I don't post much don't mean
    I don't use ZC or am some kind of newcomer or something...

and with the LOL nonsense please by all means NO MORE!!!!!!, that is what I have been
    saying, learn to type and not be so damn lazy.
    I and possibly ShadowTiger... maybe even DarkFlameWolf... would rather a new engine after 2.5 because it is just a massive pain keeping backwards compatibility.... YES it will have the exact same (maybe more) features as ZC 2.5 BUT will not play quests made in versions of ZC older then 2.5... as this would just allow the coders to clean the code up to an insane degree with a lot more ease and allows the coders to add and modify the code and fix bugs a hell of a lot quicker due to the code being organized better.

old versions will use a seperate bug free version designed to work with the old quests and there limited formats and many quirks... while new quests use a much less limited new quest format that just wont ever be easily ported to the old format...

i'd expect it would take the developer's who now know a hell of a lot more then when they first started zelda classic to take maybe a year to get a safe beta out the door... maybe even in less time.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.09%

Quote Originally Posted by redmage777 View Post
    I think a new Engine should focus more on Action-Adventure style games LIKE Zelda more so then Zelda itself... So many awesome games have been "Zelda Clones" but brought intresting thinks to the table (Secret of Mana, Alundra) If a new engine is made I think the developers should not be tied to a particular game. "A Generic Action Adventure Engine that is more then able to make a Zelda game."
    Let me clarify my position, there are a lot of cool features to be found in games that "clone" the Zelda formula. Some of these have been suggested, but shot down simply because they are "Not Zelda." Yet if incorperated into the engine, they could cirtainly improve the quest making experiance (Zelda or Not.) Perhaps its time this subject (The idea of a fresh Zelda Classic Engine) got its own topic for further discussion? It seems to have less and less to do with beta 16.
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%

my idea will allow for non zelda things to get implemented more easily aswell.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%

That's a pretty strong assumption there Freedom. I just pray you aren't right.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

Yeah Freedom...
    _L_'s features have been ruining ZC for a long time, so sometimes I have to wonder about his motives. But I don't want to believe that his true intention is to harm ZC...

_L_, is it so insanely hard and impossiblefor you to concetrate on bugfixing only... I mean you have skill, but you use it in the wrong way. >_<
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%

O.o EVERYONE STOP! GEEZ, STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER! *asplodes*
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%

/me joins in on the asploding party.
    Computer specifications:

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

The features _L_ mentioned are really needed to complete the next version. For example, it wouldn't be good if the many "Not yet implemented" text remains in the subscreen editor.
    However, after every feature is fully implemented, an only-bugfix thing would hit the spot.
    IThose harsh words about _L_... well... like a bad joke. (Yes, I know how buggy the nowadays versions are. Although, I found only few... Surely I played too few quests... (not))
    *kinda joins DFW*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%

we include finishing stuff not fully implemented as a bug fix... but just adding stuff for no reason but to add it... thats just not something a few elite quest creators desire.
    Computer specifications:

Thread Information