0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%

Re: Link stabbing

one hundred eighty seconded =P

But seriously, this is something very important and is nessicary.

And many agree with this too

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Eater View Post
    When using big link tiles the sword comes out at incorrect places. So I was thinking maybe just have a section on the weapon tiles that allows you to place the item at different points, maybe have a high, medium and low point. So it comes out in the top tile, a tile that is halfway between top and bottom and the bottom tile (where it is now) Basically full size (which use 32x32 and go to the top) can use the high, Minish cap style can use the Medium and normal can use Low. Medium item placement could be ditched but it may be helpful to get the item centered properly.

If you can't figure out what I mean, let me know I can make a diagram for you.

Later,
    Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_Power View Post
    With bigger Link comes a problem with attacking. Why not be able to edit where the sword stabs, the hammer animation placement, the Nayru's Love rocket's spit out and come back in, etc. and I DON'T want to have to do this through scripting, as I'm sure a lot of people don't as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by *b* View Post

3 - Change sword/item positions for Big Link. I don't know how this would work, or COULD work with ZQuest, but what it would do is allow you to change the positions where the sword and other items appear when using the Big Link tiles. Not all of the Links out there are the same size or use the same positions, and forcing people to make their sprites fit the pre-defined positions sucks. This would apply to Link holding up items, swinging his sword, using the ladder, raft, arrows, ect.

3.5 - Adding onto my last suggestion, it'd be cool to adapt that system to be able to extend the amount of tiles the items use, and maybe even the amount of frames and what speed they animate at for each animation
    Keeping something big a secret, in case it doesn't work out I can understand.
    But he deliberatly drops little hints just to drive us mad.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

For an editor like this, I was actually thinking in terms of Macromedia Flash. You'd start off like *b*'s remarkable mockup, but you could specify how many frames the stab or slash would last for. That would create a workfield similar to Flash's frame setup up top. You'd then click on each frame to set up the field for designs, and be able to specify the hitbox for each frame, the graphic assortment for each frame, and the magic expenditure for each frame, assuming applicable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%

In that case, it would seem foolish to have it just for the slash/stab/attacking sprites. You could edit each frame or each movement/attack and set how many frames each sprite uses. but thats just my opinion. Also, a good idea would be leaving pre-set animation types like the classic/classic v2(makes the north walking sprite use two different tiles rather than flipping one)/bs/lttp
    Keeping something big a secret, in case it doesn't work out I can understand.
    But he deliberatly drops little hints just to drive us mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    For an editor like this, I was actually thinking in terms of Macromedia Flash. You'd start off like *b*'s remarkable mockup, but you could specify how many frames the stab or slash would last for. That would create a workfield similar to Flash's frame setup up top. You'd then click on each frame to set up the field for designs, and be able to specify the hitbox for each frame, the graphic assortment for each frame, and the magic expenditure for each frame, assuming applicable.
    Actually, I think just two more frames should do it. Then you can implement LttP slashing. But having ten frames/adjustable frames is just overkill for now. They can implement that soon after 2.50.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.93%

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=95335

I suggested this and no one said a thing. And it needs to be for ALL items, not just a sword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Eater View Post
    http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=95335

I suggested this and no one said a thing. And it needs to be for ALL items, not just a sword.
    Of course, though this topic is about the sword positions

The system I described earlier could easily be adapted for the appearance of everything regarding Link's sprite. Where the arrows appear from, where held items appear, maybe even stuff like the point where the Din's Fire ring spreads from

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.38%

I take it that this will allow us to make right handed links then...

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.93%

I think you can already, just adjust the sword in the tile, moving it up and down, left and right can alter where it appears from.
    Anyways, I think this needs to be implemented very soon as it is an important feature that can seriously dampen a quest if they wanted to use Big Link, which many people want to do, and since the big link has been added, this should be done as well, maybe modifying the Big Link Hit box to make it work? At least until a customizable version can work.

Thread Information