Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

Re: A few questions

Okay, please, I posted this question two weeks ago. What tiles are used for the shockvae things that fly out from the dust pile once you kill Ganon?
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.89%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    Okay, please, I posted this question two weeks ago. What tiles are used for the shockvae things that fly out from the dust pile once you kill Ganon?
    Tiles 194, 195 and 196.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

The lens of truth picks up on all flags you place down. If you put flags 16-32, it shows what they will change to, others have a symbol of some kind. If you put flag 14 (Lens Marker Flag) I think it flashes when you use the lens of truth.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

Okay, I have a mp3 file I want to use for my quest. But Zquest qill only load midi files. Is there any way I can format the file so I can load it into Zquest?
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%

You can use mp3 files but they are handled differently than midis. Go to the dmap settings and load it under the other music options (where it gives you the option to browse instead of just selecting a midi). The problem is an mp3 is too large to be embedded in a quest file so it must be packaged with the quest making the file size much larger. It then must be located in the same directory as the quest file when playing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%

But please don't overuse mp3 files! It's never a good thing when we download 20 megabyte quests, in which 2 megs are the quest and the other 18 are mp3s.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.74%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    Well that explains it. Now, another question (or two). First, why is it that when I try to import a tileset, I look in the folder it's in and see no contents. Secondly, I have been using the pure tileset by making a copy of the 2.10 test and deleting the maps and everything, but the don't work. I'll pick them up and the number of doesn't rise or anuthing. Anyone know why?
    To import a tileset, go into a quest which uses the tileset and then go to "Export" in the File menu. Choose either "Graphics Pack" or "Quest Template." Graphics pack will give you all the tiles and combos, but the Link tiles won't be set correctly. To get around this, you can export the quest template, but then all the quest rules and other stuff will still be set the same way as in the original file. After clicking what you want to export, save it with whatever name you want and in any folder you want, but remember where it is.

To use the exported file, create a new quest, click import in the File menu, and import the same thing that you exported. Load the file the same way you open a file, and then the quest will be using whatever you exported from the tileset quest.

EDIT: Sorry about this post, I didn't notice that there were more pages after the first one.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

It's quite alright. In fact, I did not know you could import like this. I thought the only way was to use the example quest the tileset came in.:) This really helps me, as half the tiles I needed were in one tileset and half in another. Thanks!

Thread Information