Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Re: A few questions

How do you export tiles from one quest to another (I am using the pure tileset and what to import some tiles from 2.10 test to be used as Link's sprites).
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

If you only want a few tiles, draw them on the screen, hit the "Z" key to take a snapshot(they're named numericly, so if you've never used the snapshot function before, it'll be somthng like "zelda1") then open the other file, go to Graphics->Tiles, find some empty spaces, and hit Grab->File-> snapshot name.
    You may have to recolor them, tho.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Oh, I never thought about taking a snapshot. Thanks. You have answered so many of my questions that I think you deserve a slot in the credits of my first quest.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

Really? Thanks. If you ever have more questions, just ask.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Okay, what are secondary flags and secondary secret cobos and how do they work. I think I have a basic idea of secondary secret combos: they link one to another, but I could use more info.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.76%

Wellllll... Tiered flags...
    You place the first flag as normal, and when you activate a secret via another flag, combo, enemies to secret etc, it changes as normal. Then, in the secret combo screen, you hold down control and click on the flag, and set it to another flag. Then, when you activate another secret after the first one, after having changed to the first one, it will then change to the flag that you've ctrl-click selected. It works with all flags, not just 16-31 remember.

You can also set up flags which switch over and back again, to replicate the up-down block type puzzles from ALTTP, LA etc. Eg, on flag 16 have the block down, Ctrl-click to flag 17 - on flag 17 have the block up, Ctrl click to flag 16. For the switch, make sure to make the flag you hit tiered to itself with Ctrl click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

I Don't Knows tutorial has a good description, but basicly, like Joe said, only mines the understand it not how to do it version. Normally when you activate a secret combo, the new combo is basicly blank. It has inherent stats and solidity and stuff, but you can't make it do anything. Tiered secrets make it so you could step on a switch to make an eye appear, than hit the eye with an arrow to make the bridge appear Have a river, than have some flags where you want the bridge, say flag 18, which is then a river combo, so when you step on the switch, it changes from river to river, than say flag 19 for the bridge, which you hold down Ctrl and click on, select flag 18, so that the following happens.

Step on the switch. The river tiles change(stay the same) to river tiles, and the eye appears.
    Hit the eye with an arrow. The new river combos change to bridge, and the eye closes like normal.
    This is all based on the fact that when you activate secrets, all secrest on the screen activate, so you have to stack them in levels.
    As in:
    Switch-Level 1 secrets activate, river and eye.
    Eye-Level 2 secrets activate, closed eye and bridge.
    But the only way to get the bridge on level 2 is to stack a level of combos beneath it, or else the bridge and the eye would show up when you step on the switch.

(Hmm, I guess that was a "How to do it".)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Okay, a little confusd on that bit, but oh well . New question: what do temporary and permanent trigger type combos do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

If I recall, a permanent trigger can only be triggered once, wheareas the temporary resets after you leave the screen, I think. My memory is a bit hazy tho. I know that they activate secrets.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Okay, I get it. And no for another question (the title of this tread "a few questions" really should be changed). How do you make wistle warps where wenever you blow it, it takes you to one of many certain places if you've een their before. For instance, in the origanal, when you blow the wistle, it takes you back and forth between dungeon entrances in screens that you have already visited.

Thread Information