Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.24%

Reflected Magic with Book

I just realized that even with the Magic Book, anytime a player uses the wand and the magic is reflected off of mirrors, no flames are present when the reflected spell hits a wall or anything else in which flames would appear. For instance, I was trying to make a room that requires the player to fire magic through a series of mirrors until it hits a torch in the wall. With the Magic Book, I reasoned that the wand fire would result once the magic strikes a wall. However, after the magic is reflected by at least one mirror, no flame appears.

Has this issue been addressed? If so, how do I allow wand fire to appear even after wand magic is reflected through mirrors (provided the player has the Magic Book, of course)?
    I destroy my enemies. I make them my friends. —Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.58%

Re: Reflected Magic with Book

Two things:
    -1) This isn't an issue. It was not programmed into ZC this way. Why?
    -2) Because there are some certain mirror setups so that the wand magic would go into masses of lines of magic between 4-way reflective mirrors and prism mirrors, and this also means that it'd hit the wall. If this were situation, which actually does happen in many quests, then the wand fire would also be in masses - in other words, it'd lag.

However, it would be a good suggestion to have Reflected Magic with Book as a quest rule, if used correctly that is. It could create some very interesting puzzles...
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Thread Information