0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.84%

Re: Crunch Time

Lol, just let the developers decide the deadline okay? :p

I still have to wonder what's the obsession with all these new features. Am I the only one who wants to see a full ZC release ASAP? What's wrong with ZC at its current state? Just fix the unfinished features/fix bugs and there's a brilliant new ZC for this year's end... or if still bugs remain at that time, then for beginning of 2007. Sigh...
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.15%

Well, all I have to say here is, the more time they take, the more Lost Isle will be postponed. As it stands, Lost Isle is meant for the next generation of ZC versions, but cannot be played at this present moment in time with all these bugs. You'd have to cheat at this point just to play it completely because of inherent ZC bugs. So if 2.5 is being held off because of adding all these 'cool new features,' and bugs are still present, then Lost Isle must be held off too. Its unavoidable if that's the case. Lost Isle could technically be done by early next year, but if there isn't a solid bug-free ZC to run it off of, then we have no choice but to sit on it until there is one.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.32%

Wolfie, this is an important thread and all you talk about is LOST ISLE!?!?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.88%

Actually the Mana tileset I am working on is also dependant on the release of 2.5. Ah well. It's best to have it stable than have your game crash every 5 minutes. Now I am off to figure out how the heck to make a good custom subscreen.

Later,
    Lotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.84%

Imprisoned, Wolfie's post may seem like a selfish "I wanna see a release quick so I can release my quest" but I'm sure her point is that Zc is fine the way it is currently, so why add all those new damn features because that results in even more bugs and even more delays. hate to be so repetitive and I apologize for that, but even though the dialogue editor and features like that are awesome, why can't they wait? Just fix the current bugs and features and we have the best ZC release ever. There will be plenty of ZC versions after that so all those features that wouldn't make it to the 2.5 would surely make it to the next Zelda Classics.

I'm sure we all have our selfish agendas... some say "no need to hurry, take your time, I dont care when the new ZC is out because my quest wont be out in a long time" and then there are poeple who may say "hurry it so my quest can be released!!" but the most important reason I am crying for the stable ZC asap is that I just think ZC community badly needs one. If the devs decide to announce "okay, we will still add some features and release the full ZC whenever it is ready" it starts to seem like there will never be a stable Zc then, lol. :p
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.05%

I think they should implement all the new features before releasing 2.5 not because I want them, but because it rather defeats the purpose of a stable version to release it and then immediatly launch into beta testing/bug squashing for the next one. I thought one of the points of this was to have a version that could just sit for a while and be, give us all a breather. My opinion is to get the new features over with, release it, and TAKE A BREAK.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

@ & With Petoe: Lots of stuff to agree and disagree with. Overall, I'd love to agree with you, but on nothing that's been said. Really, I think that now that some sort of release date has been introduced, it's no longer an issue of just adding more and more features to be all bugged in. (No offense. No grammar either. ) Since there's a release date set on the table which can be moved back as necessary, there actually -IS- a focus on bug squashing this time. Eliwood's post is a very good indicator of some sort of progress, as he stated a basic summation of the process. Hopefully the bug squashing will become the priority now that a release date is set. The more new features are introduced, the less likely that date will be met, so I'm sure we all know what the focus will be now.

Hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.3%

Okay, finish what we've all been waiting for, (dialogue, enemy and item editors) and then focus on the bugs.
    And PLEASE, push back the deadline! I don't want a lame/buggy ZC.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.12%

The thing is, I am confident enough in my abilities and the abiliies of my companion developers to have a stable version of ZC out before the end of the year. I also have another reason for setting such a deadline, though many of you will probably be very unhappy at said reason.

Moving and vacation has been difficult for progress, but starting with he release of beta 16 (which will be soon), I'll ramp up my side of the development to incredible proportions. _L_ is doing he best he can, though I'm sure he wants an extended deadline (which right now, isn't happening). DN will also be doing the best he can once his hiatus is over. We're gonna be clicking on al cylinders, and though I can no longer GUARANTEE a New Year's release date, I can say it's pretty likely.

We need your help too though, which is why I made this topic in the first place. Instead, it became a place of petty bickering, with no one paying attention to said purpose of the topic. So instead of arguing about release dates, let me and DN and _L_ and every other developer argue about the merits of a New Year's release, while you all do what you're here to do and find some bugs and make sure quest compatibility is maintained. Doing anything else doesn't help us any.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but I'm slightl stressed out right now
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.31%

I say leave out the enemy and item editors for a long time. They'll make a lot of bugs because those are almost editors inside of editors. The dialogue editor would be ok, though. I really think bugs are more important than features though. Sure the smaller features can be added but adding item and enemy editors is way to much to ask for while still asking for no bugs.

EDIT: You posted 6 minutes before me and my post wasn't showing up until just now

Thread Information