Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.76%

Re: First Wii Experiance?

What I've seen of the Classic Controller is pretty damn close to the SNES controller design. But I don't have one.

But yes, the VC does not remap the buttons, they correspond to the same buttons on the GC controller as they do on the SNES controller. But VC games that don't use the remote emphasize use of the Classic Controller (they will show "You will need the Classic Controller." with no mention of the GC controller).
    A taxi driver man is what I want to be
    But there are no customers who want to drive with me
    I don't know why, could be I'm almost blind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
    What I've seen of the Classic Controller is pretty damn close to the SNES controller design. But I don't have one.
    No it's actually like the SNES controller's retarded cousin. I would illustrate with my digital camera but it is AWOL at the moment so I'll try to go through its failures without visual aids.

The shape is kind of funky but honestly I've yet to find a controller that's really very comfortable to me so I'll toss that out. Honestly the front side of the controller is OK except for the fact that I'm not fond of the level of resistance the analog sticks provide.

The L and R buttons appear to have analog functionality; whether this is true has yet to be tested since the only Nintendo system with analog L and R were GCN games and I'm fairly certain there won't ever be VC GCN games available. (If you can't figure out why try thinking harder.) Between L and R are two buttons (ZL and ZR) that have about the tension that I think L and R should have but I'm not really sure what they do yet.

Even more mysterious is an unlabeled button between ZL and ZR that serves no obvious purpose. It's labeled on the controller's packaging and pushing it in doesn't provide any kind of clicking tactile feedback that a button press has been registered. My only guess at the purpose of this button is it is the reason why the wire comes out of the bottom of the controller instead of the top, but even then that's not a good reason to put a button on a controller.

Personally I'd like to see peripherals for the Wii that either convert or are replicas of the original systems' controllers. Yeah it'd cost more but if you were a serious VC junkie it'd be a fair price to pay for the ultimate in accuracy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Dechipher View Post
    No, the best thing for the VC would be new SNES controllers for the VC, and then maybe an adapter. Good SNES controllers are so hard to come by now, that I could sure use them for my SNES too.
    No it's not. Hell my original SNES controllers from 1993 are still here and they still work. You can find more originals if you look, and there are also 3rd party ones out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.29%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    Does VC not remap the buttons to match their positions and uses GC's retarded repositioned lettering? That would really make things suck in SNES games where Y and B were the primary buttons. The best thing for VC would be a SNES to GC controller adapter.
    Here it is:
    http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

A little overpriced, but a great concept...might pick some up after the VC gets better games...
    4/8. Currently Playing:
    • Final Fantasy X - HD Remaster (PS3)
    • FIFA 14 (360)
    • South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
    • MLB The Show 14 (PS3)
    • Terranigma (SNES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.62%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    Does VC not remap the buttons to match their positions and uses GC's retarded repositioned lettering? That would really make things suck in SNES games where Y and B were the primary buttons. The best thing for VC would be a SNES to GC controller adapter.
    http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

EDIT: How I did not notice the very previous post can be best explained by "It's finals week and I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep per night".
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.16%

I went back to the same store where they had Zelda on display earlier today, but this time something was wrong and I couldn't get Link to move forward. Nomatter what, the game pulled him backwards into the wall. I mean he actually turned around and walked toward you until he hit the wall and got stuck there. This was the SAME Display I played just a few days ago! I guess that's one of the bugs that I need to wait for them to fix...^^

On the bright side, they had a DS display and I was delighted to find out I CAN READ THE WORDS! That is a HUGE deal. :) I haven't been able to read the text on any GB's including the GBA, so I've steered clear of handhelds, but now I'm thinking about asking for a DS for Christmas! (While I wait for them to fix the launch wii issues) :)

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    I went back to the same store where they had Zelda on display earlier today, but this time something was wrong and I couldn't get Link to move forward. Nomatter what, the game pulled him backwards into the wall. I mean he actually turned around and walked toward you until he hit the wall and got stuck there. This was the SAME Display I played just a few days ago! I guess that's one of the bugs that I need to wait for them to fix...^^
    Ask the clerk to reset the console if this happens. That's due to the stick not being centered while booting up.

My first Wii experience was a couple days before launch. My friends and I went on a little trip to our EB to try it out. Unofruniatly, instead of Zelda, we got stuck with ExciteTruck, which was pretty weak sauce in my opinion. We had more fun dicking around in the menus then actually playing the game. Thankfully, Twilight Princess is fucking awesome, as is Wii Sports, with Monkey Ball almost as such.

Thread Information