Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.45%

First Wii Experiance?

Meh, I'm so excited to have played the display in EBGames lol. I went shopping yesterday in the mall, and I had planned to stop in EBGames and play the Wii display and when I got in there, Zelda was on and it was vacant! So we asked where the controllers were and they said they had to hold a credit card while I played because the controller was wireless. Is that so people just don't run out with them? Anyway, my mom gave them hers (I don't have one) and they handed me the controllers, and I fastened them and it was awesome! :) I figured out the sword pretty quick but I couldn't quite get the bow situated and I died. How are you supposed to do the bow? I pulled it over my shoulder but I couldn't aim... Anyway as I was playing people started lining up behind me so when I died I decided to stop and give someone else a turn then and left.

Today I went shopping again (in the other direction lol) and played the display at Gamestop which had Excite Truck. I'm not much into racing and I couldn't control that thing to save my life, lol. But they only gave me half the controller. The joystick part for Zelda wasn't connected, is that an addon or something? Does it come in the package? Does it come with Zelda?

I'll probably get a Wii after they get all the bugs worked out (including the strap issue - I was calm, I dunno how they let go of them and make them fly...)

What were your first Wii Experiances like?

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.86%

Re: First Wii Experiance?

Yeah, the credit card thing is so you don't steal controllers. You would think that Nintendo would have made a tethering system for display Wiimotes, but whatever.

I actually made a topic about my first time (this was pre-launch, it's gone back a few pages by now). It was ExciteTruck, which I wasn't all that impressed with. It's a game I'll probably end up buying once it graces the $20 and lower shelves. I was really impressed with the Remote itself, though. Playing around in the menus was fun once I re-calibrated their pointer.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    But they only gave me half the controller. The joystick part for Zelda wasn't connected, is that an addon or something? Does it come in the package? Does it come with Zelda?
    That joystick part is called the Nunchuk. Its functionality is used by some games, including Zelda and Wii Sports boxing, but many games, like Excite Truck, don't use it. One Wii Remote and one Nunchuk come with each Wii, as well as a copy of Wii Sports.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    That joystick part is called the Nunchuk. Its functionality is used by some games, including Zelda and Wii Sports boxing, but many games, like Excite Truck, don't use it. One Wii Remote and one Nunchuk come with each Wii, as well as a copy of Wii Sports.
    Oh good, thanks, I'm very glad the Nunchuck is included with the system. ^^ That reminds me, is the shell of the GC controller included as well or is THAT extra?

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.86%

The GC shell was a speculative mock-up of what became the Classic Controller. Those are $20, but I'm fairly certain that you can use a Gamecube controller for anything a Classic can do, so if you have a few of those the Classic controller isn't necessary.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Tygore View Post
    The GC shell was a speculative mock-up of what became the Classic Controller. Those are $20, but I'm fairly certain that you can use a Gamecube controller for anything a Classic can do, so if you have a few of those the Classic controller isn't necessary.
    Cool. :) I do still have my GC and controllers so I guess I won't need to worry about that.

Monica
    ~~~

~~~
    Xanga Myspace

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.85%

If I am not mistake to fire the bow, you aim by pointing the controller at what you want to shoot, press a button to draw the string, then release it to fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.26%

Just remember that when you plug in your GCN controller, the port closest to the front of the system is #1. This may seem like moronic advice, but I was pulling my hair out trying to get Super Mario 64 to work until I moved the controller from what turned out to be #4 to #1. (I was going by the shape of the hole and assuming that the shape-to-port-number orientation would be the same as with the GCN, but it's actually reversed. It was only later that I found the little pips on the Wii telling you which port is which.)

If this post doesn't help you, Monica, or anyone else, then it has at least served to make me look like a doofus.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Just remember that when you plug in your GCN controller, the port closest to the front of the system is #1. This may seem like moronic advice, but I was pulling my hair out trying to get Super Mario 64 to work until I moved the controller from what turned out to be #4 to #1. (I was going by the shape of the hole and assuming that the shape-to-port-number orientation would be the same as with the GCN, but it's actually reversed. It was only later that I found the little pips on the Wii telling you which port is which.)

If this post doesn't help you, Monica, or anyone else, then it has at least served to make me look like a doofus.
    lol, thanks, I'll remember that. Actually though I probably won't be getting it for Christmas. We got my brother the classic XBOX the Christmas it came out and that was a complete disaster. The moral of the story? Don't get consoles when they first come out, lol.

Monica
    ~~~

~~~
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.63%

More like don't get Microsoft products when they first come out!:) Nintendo is probably a safe bet. I've never had a problem with Nintendo stuff, however the Wii is the first launch system I've bought. I am confident that it will run fine for a long while and make my extended warranty useless.

As for the topic question, I had seen a few people try it at stores the days before but never tried it then myself. I knew I wanted to get it, so I could wait until I got the system home to play with it. I love the way Zelda's control scheme adapted to the Wii, even if they didn't do the bow the way they originally announced (pull back and release).
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Thread Information