Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest - Question

This is a somewhat minor question, and kudos to anyone who knows the quest well enough to answer it. But on Level 2 (the desert themed dungeon), there's a room with a walkway enclosed by blocks, and a bunch of bats. Once you kill the bats with you sword/boomerang, a piece of heart appears outside of the enclosed walkway, so there's no way to get it. Does anyone know how to get it? I thought there might be a secret passageway that takes you to that room, only outside of the enclosed blocks..but I couldn't find one.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

Re: AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest - Question

Go south of the Aquamentus room and walk through the south wall. Then bomb the south wall to get to the heart piece. There is a way to get it, you just have to go around several rooms.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Found it..thanks. Wasn't hard at all. I'm just rusty, I guess..it's been awhile since I've played Zelda. I remember playing this quest once before, and never finishing it. Level 6 (with all the Zoras and Wizzrobes), if I remember, was INSANE..

And it's 10 Heart Containers needed for the Master Sword, right? I found the location of the master sword, but I only have 8 HC's. I need one more full HC, and a Piece of Heart to get 10. I just started Level 4..

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

I think you're referring to the Magical Sword and not the Master Sword. For that, you need 12 hearts, and it is possible to get that many before Level 6. Have you found the heart piece in each of the dungeons yet?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by LinkMaster500 View Post
    I think you're referring to the Magical Sword and not the Master Sword. For that, you need 12 hearts, and it is possible to get that many before Level 6. Have you found the heart piece in each of the dungeons yet?
    Right, the Magical Sword, not Master. You had to defeat a Gleeok, then bomb the wall behind him (in the overworld). I forgot it was 12 hearts - full bottom row, and 4 on top? I just beat Level 4. I've found all the heart pieces in the levels so far, and a bunch of others.

I have 10 hearts now. I'll need 3 more heart pieces, and one more HC to have 12. I should be able to get that before Level 6.

And I have to figure out this stupid Forest of Maze now to get to Level 5. Alphadawg's site had a solution for it, but his site is down..so I have to figure it out without cheating. Should be fun..

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Update: I just completed Level 5. The Forest of Maze took me about 15 minutes to figure out. It wasn't as frusterating as I thought it would be..

And Level 5 was easy, as I remembered it being. No Darknuts or Wizzrobes always helps. Got the Red Candle, Raft, and Heart Piece in that level. I need 2 more Heart Pieces to get another HC, which would give me 14 - enough for the Magical Sword. There's a Heart Piece visible on an island..you obviously have to do some rafting to get it.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

If you still had trouble with the Forest of Maze, you could go to your user profile and set it so you can get private messages (PMs) from other AGN users. Then you could PM me with your e-mail address, and I could e-mail you a copy of a bitmap that showed the path through the maze. It was downloaded from AlphaDawg's web page.

But now you got the Raft, you can get to Level 5 without going through the maze.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.87%

There IS a Master Sword in the U3Q. If you're lucky enough to get all 16 hearts and reach the end of the bonus dungeon (if you can find it), it can be yours.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

Yes that is correct. I think there was some type of glitch that keeps the player from getting the Master Sword unless he is using Version 1.90 of Zelda Classic because you cannot finish the bonus dungeon. But if all you want to do is finish the quest, the Master Sword is not needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.87%

Yeah, it really sucks about that bug. What sucks even more is if you want to beat the bonus dungeon and have to start over cause you aren't using version 1.90.

btw, I know what the bug entails. I have no idea if it has been fixed in later versions though.

Thread Information