Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.44%

PlayMidi()

We have PlaySound(), Why not PlayMidi()! You could make a normal enemy battle midi get louder as you approach it like in OoT, MM, WW, and TP.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.14%

Re: PlayMidi()

And a very useful function that would be for both MIDI and Enhanced music, but making it louder as you get closer would be a bit different than just changing the ID. You would need to either change the Volume and/or Tempo attributes of the current music or seamlessly change to an almost identical piece starting at the same position (like the Water levels in Super Mario 64). I personally want to be able to read the current position and change the Loop Start/End so that a music piece only switches at appropriate points.

Of course, none of this will be possible until new commands are added to ZASM for it. Maybe they could hook into the Allegro functions they're already using for the MIDIs on the fly? A simple PlayMidi()/PlayMusic() would certainly be easier though, as they're already doing it on a screen-by-screen basis...
    Crash Man is the coolest Robot Master ever! Well, aside from Skull Man, Elec Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, Shadow Man... ahh, forget it!

Megaman: "Who cares if it's peacetime? You're an inventor, damnit - MAKE SOMETHING!"
    Dr Light: " 'Necessity is the mother of invention.' "
    Megaman: "Good, I'm hungry. Go invent me a sandwich."

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.81%

Re: PlayMidi()

If a person got customizable sound start locations, that would be awesome. That's a function I can't even emulate in Game Maker, for crying out loud. Seriously. This is one of the best ideas I've heard in ZC in like... well, anytime I can remember.

Thread Information