Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.54%

Regarding 2.5 and the Main ZC Site

As we all know, the main ZC site (zeldaclassic.com) is semi-broken, as in not updated. The problem is... 2.5 will be coming out sometime soon, and that's probably going to be a bit of a problem if the main site isn't operated/updated by then.

Directly speaking, I'm saying someone needs to get the site back up by the time 2.5 comes out. Yeah, we all know that we can all just look at the forums and dl it there. But newcomers won't know that.

Also, will the beta forums be closed after the 2.5 release, with the NeoFirst forum being moved to the Zelda Classic main area?

(I'm really not sure whether this goes in ZC discussion or ZC Beta discussion, so move it if it needs be.)
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.74%

Re: Regarding 2.5 and the Main ZC Site

uh um hmmm, i can access the site just fine and dandy after clearing my browser cache -.-' so it isn't DOWN.... its just not been updated in eons.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.54%

Ehh... yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being quite clear on that... *goes to edit*
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.96%

It looks like the "Add a version" portion of the control panel now works. When the 2.5 final release comes out, I'll add it. The QDB submissions queue is currently loaded with too much crap for me to wade through at the moment. Yay for finals season.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%

Couldn't you accept someone to help you with the site? I mean, it's very bad for ZC IMO that the "main site of ZC" is run so poorly and never updated. If taken care of, it would be great site with all the goodies like a quest database, news portion, downloads portion, help portion and all that. When one releases a quest it would be so easy to just direct new people to zeldaclassic.com and say "go download the quest there and read the site for more info about ZC".
    The last news are from last summer for crying out loud. Even if there are no real news, why not simply make some... for example "a small new feature was added to the site" or "the things to do list is updated!" or "These quests were submitted recently: X, X and X. Go and check them out!". I mean anything would be good! Almost all the information on the site is badly outdated too.

Not wanting to sound rude or ungrateful or anything like that with that complaint. I'm just very worried about the bad effects a bad main site may have for the program and the whole community. So please, I beg, do something about this problem! Or am I the only one who cares about the site that once was so awesome and up to date?
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

No offense, but this is the main reason I only have around 50 posts here. PureZC isn't the best resource for all info, but usually when something big happens here on AGN, somebody on PureZC cross-posts a link to the "hot thread" in roughly 3.5 seconds.

Would it possibly be better to separate the main site and have the Quest Database run by a separate group of staff? After all, the programmers are all preoccupied with giving us tools with which to create. Handling the crap we create with it shouldn't necessarily have to be among their foremost worries.

And yes, I understand that doing this would probably require someone to craft a whole new front end for the site. But whether this is a huge problem depends largely on who attempts it.
    ...but then, I've been eating paste all morning, so what do I know?

Thread Information