Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.33%

Your First Quest

I was just wondering about this, but what are your guys's first quests like? No, not the first quest you released, but i'm talking about the first time you opened that file called zquest-w.exe (or zquest.exe for older versions) and started making something. If you still got it on your hardrive, maybe upload it and post a link? Or describe it?

I was bad at making things like games on the computer when I started ZC, so when I opened the editor I was pretty uncreative, but hey, practice makes perfect. Anyways, I made a huge island and started dotting it with a lot of armos's, because I didn't know how to add enemies. It was called the Legend Of Armos, and didn't have any dungeons because I didn't know how to do tilewarps. It was basicly just a 'dodge the armos's and walk around til you find 8 triforce pieces' kind of quest, then once you found all 8 it was over. My hardrives die a lot so I don't have a copy of it, anymore.

What about you? Was my first quest really bad even if it was my first time in the editor? Or was it really good, or was it medium? I don't want to know this just to see how my first quest was in comparison, but also am curious at what you guys did.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.52%

Re: Your First Quest

I made a real nice world that connected to an island on the east side of the overworld. also, there was an extensive system of caves under the world, and in the deepest caverns, where the rock was ghostly white and no music dared play, you find the master sword.

that was like 1.92.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.84%

My first "quest" was the kludge described in AlphaDawg's tutorial. He invited novice questmakers to fill in levels 2-8 on their own. The idea was mildly interesting, but in the end I was like, nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.36%

Hmm... Link to Ares xD
    I just took the GBC tileset from the premade quests... lol.
    It never finished.

But now, I think I understand about 45% about ZQuest (like everything you need to make a complete quest) so I think strongly that Link to Milea will finish...

EDIT: God dammit! My computer blew up, so I'm making only one quest at the moment.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.83%

My first quest is currently in progress. I'm basically using the classic Zelda tileset with a number of custom tiles taken from various sites. When I finish it, I have two overworlds, four towers, 20+ dungeons, some special caves, and several towns. It should be done by some time next year.

The Red Wizard

Wink Re: Your First Quest

I'm working on one and should be done with it next year. It will take new layouts and put them into old-school Zelda final dungeons. The last three dungeons are based on the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. While my planning isn't completely done, the Overworld map has been beta-tested.

Title: Divine Comedy 2000
    Author: The Red Wizard
    Tileset: Zelda 1 (straight up, no ****)

Enjoy it when I finally submit it.

Also: I am nearing completion of a professional version of the original First Quest. I just have to tweak it and change the music to complete it. Warning: NOT for n00bz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.55%

My first attempts with version 1.82 really sucked, as I dived right in without reading a single thing on how to work stuff; heck the general ideas from my tinkering with it has wound up with an unfinished quest that's close to 6 years old >_>
    But from the looks of it, I'll have a chance to completely revamp it with the new beta(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.36%

[QUOTE=The Red Wizard;1102206]I'm working on one and should be done with it next year. It will take new layouts and put them into old-school Zelda final dungeons. The last three dungeons are based on the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. While my planning isn't completely done, the Overworld map has been beta-tested.QUOTE]

This is not about your quest you are now making and which will hopefully finish, this is about the first time you even tried to make a quest.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.33%

Yeah Cyborg, I was like you, I had an old laptop and I used to play ZC all the time (The first quest) Before the editor, and when I first opened it I was too excited at the idea of making my own zelda game to read anything, then I ended up making some armos quest.

Anyways, didn't you have a Doom quest? I remember it, because I still have it somewhere on my HD. Have you done any work to it? Kind of off topic but I don't see you post too often... I think you were banned or something but aGN has too many members to remember all of them

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.12%

Hehe. My first quest is in the DB. Teenager's Quest. Yes, it WAS my first. It was originally done in the classic tileset. I modified it with the pure tileset shortly after learning how. But, it was definitely my first. And you can tell if you play it.

I'm currently doing a revamp on it to come out when ZC 2.5 hits. Lots of changes.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Thread Information