User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Has anyone else used Virtual Console yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.43%

Re: Has anyone else used Virtual Console yet?

I purchased 1,000 Wii points to download my copy of Super Mario 64. Playing it brings back memories for sure. I don't currently have a classic controller so it's one of the few games I can play without it. I'm looking forward to purchasing more games in the future. Nintendo really has done well by offering this service.
    My Wii number:

2399 1339 8269 5334

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Rijuhn View Post
    I purchased 1,000 Wii points to download my copy of Super Mario 64. Playing it brings back memories for sure. I don't currently have a classic controller so it's one of the few games I can play without it.
    I assume that you're playing SM64 with a Gamecube controller then? You do know that the GC controller is compatable with other VC titles, right? Not to mention the fact that NES, T-16, and Genesis games (I have one of each, go figure) can be played on the Wiimote by itself. The Classic Controller is hardly necessary.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The Sega Genesis emulator on DreamCast was a poor product. However Sonic Mega Collection for GC was excellent and had quite passable emulation. The Wii is easily capable of emulating 8-bit systems and most 16-bit systems with playable results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Dechipher View Post
    I would suggest that when it comes out, everyone here purchase Battle of Olympus.
    I am so there. O Battle of Olympus, how I adore thee. In going with what I said earlier, I'll probably buy a number of VC titles that I already own in some format or another, in the (possibly vain) hopes that it might be another drop in the bucket of attention such games need to show their developers that, hey, we care!
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.88%

Got my Component Cables this Friday. So much better Zelda actually looks slightly pixelated - can't tell if that's due to the cables or just the fact that Zelda is a crappy GC port. Wii Sports looks a bit better so I'm guessing it's more of the later (with the former only being because it's easier to see the flaws now). Made fishing a lot easier though now that I can actually see the fish

Anyways, back to the VC - yeah that cleared up the color bleeding. Games look *much* better now (just like PC emulators ). I finally broke down and got SimCity. Holy crap that game is fun! I forgot how fun that was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Got my Component Cables this Friday. So much better Zelda actually looks slightly pixelated - can't tell if that's due to the cables or just the fact that Zelda is a crappy GC port.
    Just in case, make sure you've set your Wii to output 480P for HDTVs.

I should have my Component cables soon, now I just need a Wii...

I've heard there are some sound emulation problems on the recent Sege Genesis Collection for PS2, so I guess they can't always get it 100% perfect. Even the Legend of Zelda Collection for Gamecube had something minor wrong in each game, like the sword beam attack sfx in Zelda 1.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-X View Post
    Just in case, make sure you've set your Wii to output 480P for HDTVs.

I should have my Component cables soon, now I just need a Wii...

I've heard there are some sound emulation problems on the recent Sege Genesis Collection for PS2, so I guess they can't always get it 100% perfect. Even the Legend of Zelda Collection for Gamecube had something minor wrong in each game, like the sword beam attack sfx in Zelda 1.
    Playstation 2 does not have the disposable processing power the Wii and GameCube do. And fact it, the people that do these emulated game collections are not master coders or experienced emulator authors. Hence inaccurate and low quality emulation in many.

Thread Information