Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 15

It was in the Minish Cap, so if you never played that then you wouldn't know. Speaking of canes, why doesn't the cane of Byrna do anything yet? I didn't notice it on the list of features in development.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%

Don't have a lot of time to go into much detail, but there are 2 new features in ZQuest that I added a while back but forgot about until ShadowTiger reminded me of them.

In the tile list, hitting the D key will bring up the Dungeon Carving/Relational tile creation window. This lets you easily and quickly create a set of Dungeon Carving or Relational tiles from just a few master seed tiles. For relational tiles, set up 6 tiles as follows. If you are looking at a completed set of relational tiles, copy the following tiles sequentially into a new location: 0, 15, 30, 40, 46, 47. Then put the cursor on the first tile of the new sequence, and hit the D key. Select relational, leave the frames at 1, and hit OK. If you double up the tiles, you can create animated sequences (put a 2 in the frames box then). For dungeon carving mode, you will need these tiles (from a full dungeon carving set): 0, 15, 30, 40, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 56, 64, 68, 74, 82, 72, 79, 86, 90, 95. Highlight the first tile of the new series, hit the D key, select Dungeon Carving, leave the frames at 1, and hit OK. You can also double up the tiles and set the frames to 2 if you want. The relational version makes perfect relational tiles. The Dungeon Carving version is almost perfect; you may have to touch up a few errant pixels here or there. Once you figure out the sequence of the master seed tiles, you can set them up yourself (the copying was just for initial reference so you can see how they are set).

The second feature is a combo maker. Hightlight some tiles, make sure you don't have anything on the clipboard (the left tile box at the bottom of the screen is static), then hit the M key. The combo list will open up. Pick a starting combo. Hit the OK button. The tile page will come back and the combo editor will open on top of that. You will notice that the first tile in your selection is already set. Make any changes you want to this initial combo (everything except for the tile will be blindly copied to all the other combos this creates), then hit OK. Combos (even animated ones if you chose more than 1 frame) have now been created, each starting at the appropriate tile.

If this is confusing, just ask in here; ShadowTiger knows the system fairly well as he helped me debug it originally. He, I, or someone else who picks up on this quickly can help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

It's been a while since I've posted, and I am quite amazed at all the progress that's been going on.

Zelda Classic has gotten too complicated for me to actually use and compete with the great quests that are out there, but seeing all these new features feels so much like when I first came to AGN 6 years ago. I look forward to playing all these cool quests that are now possible.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

@ & With DN: I also don't have a lot of time to write this. Weekend, etc. This is the .qst file DN had prepared as an example for the new commands. Copy DN's entire post to a Notepad file and save it to your ZC folder or something, and save the following file to your Beta 15 folder as well. It's a Newfirst area. On map 7 or 8 or so, you'll find a few generally blank rooms. They're just the preparatory rooms for the procedure, using the right palettes and whatnot. Follow DN's directions and you can figure out the rest.

relational-new.qst - Open in Beta 15. No earlier beta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.85%

Now be expecting topics like "wers the rocs cap????????"

But, sillieness aside, I'd like to make this clear:

This is THE MOST, without a doubt, the BIGGEST advancement the ZC developers have made in reguards to features...that is, besides scripting capabilities. Now, I may truely be able to create an action-RPG-like battle system soon. (Think Sword of Mana.)

...Have my internet.
    ~ Skipper~

-::Avatar:~::- {Ikane Daisuke.}
    -::Current Status:~::-{Bored out of his mind.}
    -::Current mood~::-{One of those "..." moods.}
    -::Links~::- { ZCU}{8-Bit Theater}

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

Yikes. DN, do you happen to have the Dungeon Carving Mode Setup tile placement on hand? The upper layer of the two walls is pretty easy, (Same layout as the relational mode setup.) but the lower walls is eluding me for the moment.

I'll keep trying. I've got a color coded system on hand. I know several cavemen with more effective systems of analysis though.

accordingleaf

I have a problem. I can download the file but it says that it cannot open it because it cannot find the file. How do I fix this?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.14%

Dark Nation:

That Combo Maker sounds like a HUGE timesaver, especially for tilesets. Thank you!! :) I'm glad we've finally got a new feature for making that quicker and easier than the extremely slow old method.
    ...but then, I've been eating paste all morning, so what do I know?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.05%

Ok, for the dungeon-carving set up when in the tile editor, what should the 1st, 15th, 30th, 40th, 46th & 47th tiles be?

For example, if you were going to make a river using relational-editing, should the first tile be all water. Should it be water surrounded by land on all sides, should it be the top-left corner of water or what?
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

It's up to you, really. You can make a lake surrounded by land, or you can make land surrounded by water. You can even make two different types, but don't necessarily merge together.

I still wonder what the full Dungeon Carving mode setup is to expand it. Again, I've got the top half ready, but the bottom half eludes us.

Thread Information