Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.48%

Question SOS! Error Saving Map

Ok, here's one for you experts and masters out there. In trying to export a map in ZQ2.10, I receive an error: "Error saving map 'filename.'" Is the export feature fully functional in this version? Do you have to somehow prepare a map for export or are there certain conditions a map has to meet before export? The big picture problem is this: I have a currently saved file and a previously saved file that have have extensive map changes between the two. My current file has had all the dungeon maps in it wiped out (I think I accidentally changed the "number of dungeon maps" to 1 and saved it not realizing this had occurred -argh! this feature really needs a confirmation box! So what I have is a current file with the correct overworld map and no dungeons and a previously saved file with a decidedly dated overworld, but the dungeons are all intact. I'm assuming the simplest solution to this problem would be to export the necessary map into the other file but I can't do this given the error mentioned at the top of this post. I've also tried the import command and I get this message: "unable to load map, incomplete data." The bottom line questions then boil down to these two: 1. Is there something I'm overlooking in using the Import/Export commands be it prep work, file corruption or unmet map conditions? 2. Is there a way to cobble maps together without using the Import/Export command? I have tried and tried to figure my way past this one but I am just flat out of ideas so any thoughts you come up with will be tremendously appreciated and rewarded for all that I can. Thanks very much for taking the time to read through all this.

Note to Moderators: This may be a duplicate post. I can not find the original thread I posted anywhere and I feel that my internet connection may have timed out before I submitted the first one. Let me know if it is. I don't want to be a rulebreaker. Thank you!!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.78%

Re: SOS! Error Saving Map

HERE - it's a little different, but genarally the same.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.48%

Re: SOS! Error Saving Map

Thanks very much for the assist Luigi. Rewards bestowed with many many thanks. I just hope Dark Nation finds the time to keep ironing out the bugs. btw, Is it possible to knock one of these threads out or is that a moderator/administrator decision?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

Thread Information