0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.31%

Michael Richard's (Kramer's) Racist Freakout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjE0E5lgm9Q

I never coulda seen him freaking out like this, though my friend tells me he apparently freaks out all the time.

Also I find it hard to believe that this word still has such power (mind you he did say it with quite abit of power) but honestly, the word is thrown around more than a baseball now adays. Maybe I'm just desensitized to words and find no power to them to rile up emotions due to the fact that I've been called them everyday for my entire life. Maybe the audience was as well, considering they were laughing until the black guys made known that they were quite offended before they decided, yeah ok this is wrong I guess. I still believe that people should stop acting as though the word is some kind of special club if they are gonna take such offence to it.

I'd Like to see what happened before the video though to see what caused such a vicious lash out. Because that was quite outrightly mean, and I can't see and reason that they would deserve that. Unless they were chucking chairs at him or pissing on him or something. And even still.

Nothing Surprises me anymore.
    Through fire justice is served!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.27%

Re: Michael Richard's (Kramer's) Racist Freakout

Wow. I didn't see that one coming. Kind of depressing, you know? I disagree that people should get upset at the word, due to its frequent use offhand by people who claim to get offended by it. However, it truly DOES offend some people, black and white. So maybe people should practice more discretion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.32%

He's not a racist. He's an asshole.
    ...we'd appreciate it if one or both legs were removable so that we could spin you around like a basketball perched on the end of Koby Bryant's middle finger. - T.C. Luoma

My john thomas is gonna pop off and fly around the room there's so much tasty in here! - Jayne

Freedom of Speach? US vs China

Dattebayo

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.62%

hahah that was hilarious.

I love him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.42%

So, some celelbrity behaved like a total jackass? I believe that successfully makes the Big List of THings I Don't Give a Shit About.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

-15 penalty to all intuit direction checks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

"No, Stanley, no!!!" (from the commentary, in case you know what I'm talking about but you're thinking "WTF is that line??")

Am I wrong to think of this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OW2TkvfDQ

Hmm. Well, it seems to me like he was feeling depressed and frustrated with his career, and after being heckled, and in turn jumped to the most offensive/shocking response he could muster. Not a good idea, but he certainly seemed to be in a shitty mood, too. The show sounds like it wasn't going very well either.

It's been my observation that the dreaded n-word holds more political offense than personal offense in most cases, unless it's really used as a degrading, cutting insult by someone you can't stand up to or something. I think it's usually less "OH MY GOD he said that about me?" and more like "HEY, you can't say that about me, you jackass!" Yes, it's pretty offensive, no it's never really a good thing to say, but I doubt the guy was majorly bruised just so much as pissed off, or alternatively perhaps he wanted to rile him up like that; hard to say without seeing the exchange before this point. And as it was pointed out, that could've been really dangerous in the wrong place.

It's a big ol' screwup. Kinda sad; I like what I've seen of Michael Richard's acting (UHF and Seinfeld are all really, but he was quite good in them). I hope things work out relatively okay with the ensuing mess. I mean, not that I'm defending him, but it'd be a shame for his career to permanently die of it too.

The Legend of Zelda: The Inverse Mirror supporter

Behold, ye Banner of Gannons! Behold the power of regional changes and despair!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.84%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I don't see how it's a screw up at all. Some asshole in the crowd wouldn't shut up. He called him a nigger or whatever and the guy deserved it. Fuck em. The sad part is other people that shouldn't care, have to pretend to care, to not seem racist to these whiney bitches.

This wouldn't make me want to see his act less, infact after this, I'm much more interested in seeing his act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.8%

I don't think people were nearly upset about his use of the word nigger as they were when was talking about lynching and sticking forks up their black asses. This really isn't about a white guy saying nigger. He was being a racist dick in every sense of the word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.11%

people get called niggers everyday. people get heckled everyday. the only difference is that kramer is famous.

they got what was coming to them, and they only acted offended, where in all reality, they werent. just a bunch of panies.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.83%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I've noticed that they aren't being asked to apologize for calling him a cracker.

Racist society.

Thread Information