Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%

Re: Some notes about the dark/chaos/mirror world

Well, Link had two different appearances in the Sacred Realm during the storyline of AlttP: In the game he became a bunny and in the manga he was a werewolf briefly.

Link also becomes a wolf in Twilight Princess, which was also a brief stay in darkness.

But... I can't see that reflection coming off of a relatively timid and mute Link personality.

So, after a long discussion in IRC chat with Geecku, we decided on some suitable 'inner reflections' of your two main characters.

• Link = Turtle
      • Being that he comes off so timid and withdrawn, it would make sense that he'd become some sort of creature that held that kind of protection. Whereas the original is more of a protection from social situations, the later is one from physical harm, making it fit well with the theme of the Sacred Realm (Emotion becomes Reality).
    • Zelda = White Dove
      • After quite a bit of debate regarding who the 'real' Zelda was, Geecku convinced me that she is usually very quiet and appologetic. This reflects an aura of innocence that should be presented in her Sacred Realm self. White is often a sign of purity, and the dove a symbol of tranquility and calm. Add in the natural symbolism of flight, and you've got yourself a heavily-layered and powerful metaphor with a simple image.

I anticipate you may have wanted to use something a little more twisted and monstrous, _L_, but I think these fit a lot better in the Sacred Realm setting. After all, even with an onset of chaos it's still the place it was before. As the Triforce is not part of its unraveling, the chaos should not affect the Sacred Realm's innate properties.

And that's my two cents for the day. Again, I'll state that Geecku helped a lot with this, so it wasn't just my idea.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

I'd very much like not to discuss Twilight Princess until I get around to playing it. Which will be in about four weeks. (Curse you, Nintendo Australia!)

I had Zelda's "true form" as some sort of bird as well - only it was, in reflection of her strongheaded personality, a wild duck. But: as Zelda became more and more consumed by the will of Chaos (through the Triforce of Wisdom, I imagined her form would change, subtly as well.)

I like the sound of Turtle Link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

Turtle Link opens up the possibility of alot of custom abilities to replace items, too. Swimming and diving could be enhanced, hiding in the shell could provide a good defense, perhaps the shell could provide a ride down slopes, etc.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.42%

I have a couple of ideas:

1: Make Link and Zelda change according to the Sacred Realm (Dark World) principle.
    2: Make them change according to the Chaos World principle (that is, they turn into monsters).
    3: Make them change according to the Mirror World principle (That is, they turn into whatever is the OPPOSITE of their hearts).

Or....

Make Link and Zelda change according to the Sacred Realm/Dark World principle until you get Moon Pearls for them, but after that... The Chaos World principle kicks in (implying that the Sacred Realm's properties override those of the Chaos), thus making them monsters until they gain a NEW item. Maybe call it the Chaos Rune?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Being that he comes off so timid and withdrawn, it would make sense that he'd become some sort of creature that held that kind of protection. Whereas the original is more of a protection from social situations, the later is one from physical harm, making it fit well with the theme of the Sacred Realm (Emotion becomes Reality).
    But hes also energetic thats were the bunny came from but how about link turning into a hedgehog, like him being withdrawn he can curl into a ball, and being energetic (the energetic part comes from sonic the hedgehog of course.) he could go through small openings in HH form and roll down slopes or even climb them with claws and the protection of the spikes on his back I think he fits a hedgehog more than a turtle what do you guys think?
    Sorry for that link that was here someone hacked my account and put it there, I'm glad thats the only thing he changed!

-Dungeon Delvers is being pushed back for a while

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

But hes also energetic thats were the bunny came from
    Oh?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

(the energetic part comes from sonic the hedgehog of course.)
    Two different energetics from two different animals. I'd always thought that Link turns into a rabbit because of his pure and innocent heart, ... or the fact that he never speaks, and only grunts every now and then like how a rabbit squeals ever so slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

I'm not trying to argue about why they made him a bunny in zelda 3 LttP,
    Link turns into a rabbit because of his pure and innocent heart
    thats another reason they made him a bunny ST but thats not what I'm trying to say, Links energetic and a turtle isn't, is what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to narrow down an animal that fits Links personality.
    Sorry for that link that was here someone hacked my account and put it there, I'm glad thats the only thing he changed!

-Dungeon Delvers is being pushed back for a while

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

Actually, I thought a wolf was supposed to fit Link's personality perfectly.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDeath View Post
    I'm not trying to argue about why they made him a bunny in zelda 3 LttP thats another reason they made him a bunny ST but thats not what I'm trying to say Links energetic and a turtle isn't is what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to narrow down an animal that fits Links personality.
    ... Oh dear, ... DarkDeath, I'm really, really sorry, but I think there's something mentally wrong with me that I should do this; I was trying my best to read your post, and I was trying so hard but getting so confused, that I managed to make myself ill. Please use proper punctuation in the future, and/or fix your posts. I really can't read them. :shakeno: I'm honestly very sorry for this... I just can't read your posts.

Thread Information