0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Some notes about the dark/chaos/mirror world

Nomenclature
    The Dark World that the Temple of Light leads into is going to follow the lore of the Sacred Realm as told in LttP and OoT. Essentially, this means that:
    1) The Sacred Realm mirrors most of the terrain in Hyrule, but modified as per the next point.
    2) The Sacred Realm also mirrors the "heart" of the holder of the Triforce. A balanced heart will make the Sacred Realm into a greater, more paradisal version of Hyrule. A heart in turmoil will make the Sacred Realm into a fearful, monstrous version of Hyrule.

However: in this game, Lord Menace does not possess the Triforce! (Even attempting to do so would utterly destroy him, as he is composed of primal Chaos and the Triforce is the symbol of divine Order.)
    But, he has used his chaotic influence to seal, or neutralise, each individual Triforce's power - with the result that nobody can "hold" the Triforce until the seal is broken.

So, the "Dark World" isn't "dark" because it mirrors the heart of the holder. Instead, it is dark because of Lord Menace's chaotic, corrupting influence upon the world itself.

Up to this point we've been referring to it as the Dark World, but doing so implies that it is of the same nature as LttP's Dark World. Thus, I propose that we henceforth refer to it as either the "Chaos World" (referring to the reason why the world has become inhospitable) or the "Mirror World" (a very fitting name which NeoFirst's NPCs will refer to the not-necessarily corrupted Dark World as.)

Transformation
    There is a third rule concerning the Sacred Realm which I didn't mention:
    3) Whoever enters the Sacred Realm will be transformed to mirror the state of their heart. A virtuous heart will transform one into a wondrous being. A vicious heart will transform one into a monstrous being.

This is something which is easily forgotten. When our heroes Link and Zelda stride into the Temple of Shadows, they will be changed into different creatures. In LttP, such a change prevented Link from using any items, but I don't think that NeoFirst needs to follow that particular trend - NeoFirst's Link and Zelda aren't quite like their LttP counterparts.

Alternatively, we could wimp out and just drop in some Moon Pearls (the only item which can overrule the effect) for the both of them.

Some other notes:
    * In reference to the "Mirror World" name, and also to LttP's Magic Mirror, all entrances to and from the Chaos World will resemble mirrors.
    * I understand that Silver Arrows are required to activate the Light->Chaos mirrors, and that Golden (Triforce) Arrows are required to activate the Chaos->Light mirrors.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.3%

Re: Some notes about the dark/chaos/mirror world

Well, their first time there, we can use the DMap Link tile modifier (once the programming is finished) and disable all weapons. Then, upon picking up the Moon Pearl (or having someone "give" them to you), you'd do an instawarp to a duplicate of the DMap with no Link tile modifier.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Actually, I said
    In LttP, such a change prevented Link from using any items, but I don't think that NeoFirst needs to follow that particular trend
    Because, hey, most of Ganon's monsters in LttP's Dark World are doing fine while being transformed.

Also: will the DMap Link tile modifier affect all Link tiles?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I wouldn't see why not. o.o' ... What about Link Tile Mods though? How do they enter into the mix?

Now, _L_, assuming that I like your train of thought, (Give me $1.99 and I just might. ;-p *lol* ) I'm actually imagining the Chaos world to be either one of two things similar to: (Awful grammar, but bear with me.)
    • Ever played Majora's Mask? Ever been to the moon? It's virtually music-less. You get a sensation of walking through a thick mist, without there being any mist. The area is totally blanketed in mystique.
    • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow: Chaotic Realm. (Scroll to the very bottom.)
      It's essentially that. Note the Palette, relative to the otherwise stony brick darker, more "colorful" gray.

So it doesn't have to be EVIL, if nobody is holding the Triforce. However, it does exist, and if nobody is holding the triforce, yet the Triforce has a dampened effect on it, ... ... it's going to mess quite a few things up. ._o

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    *lol*
    ASCII art of a cheerleader, neck upward, with her arms in the air?
    [*]Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow: Chaotic Realm. (Scroll to the very bottom.)
    Ah! I heartily approve of the "void" elements. Lord Menace/Chaos's intent is destruction, so maybe many of the Chaos World's cliffs will drop straight into deep space?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%

I actually like it that you agree with such a notion; I was willing to "compromise" where necessary, while simply referring to the overall feel of the area as being something that's not really "established reality," .. .. .. as varied of a meaning that can be.

The *lol* is a sign of a potential chuckle. It is a placeholder for a brief jest between the two or more partners engaging in the discussion. Of course, you knew that already. :p

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Update:

After playing Four Swords Adventures, I've decided that only the Chaos->Light portals will be Mirrors, and the Light->Chaos portals will be Moon Portals. In order to open Moon Portals, you need arrows tipped with "moon metal", or silver. In order to open Mirrors (which are covered in blobs of black Chaos) you need arrows tipped with the divine Golden Power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.32%

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%

Just a thought, and by all means feel free to just ignore me if you don't like the idea.

In the process of the first 'journey' from the Temple of Light to the Temple of Shadows, give Link a useless custom item that modifies his tiles to that of the 'Chaotic form'. Then, in each of the 'Temple of Light' entrance rooms (As in the portal rooms), use a script to remove this item from his possession. And in each of the 'Temple of Shadows' entrance rooms (Again, the portal rooms), use another script to place the item back into his inventory.

This would handle any and all tile modifier problems, and Nick's script can do it perfectly.

And I don't think you should wimp out on this... because it would be cool. But if you decide to go that route, you could create another 'useless' item that actually appears in the inventory, and have the script check for it before adding/removing the 'Chaotic form' item (Which of course would not appear in the inventory, even though it is kept.)

Also, if you add that clause that renders the Sacred Realm/Chaotic form temporary, you could also put in another subtext (That disables A and B, or maybe just the sword.) That way, it forces the player to get the Moon Pearl. And of course, as soon as the player has the moon pearl, the script would go inactive, allowing further progression in the dungeon.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%

What kind of Chaotic form could Link possibly have though? Did Samus Aran transform when she entered Dark Aether? Nope. Burned like hell though. O.o'

Thread Information