User Tag List

Thread: Newbie-can't find answers in forum yet. Please help kind sirs.

Kardis

Newbie-can't find answers in forum yet. Please help kind sirs.

Hi Everyone,

First I'd just like to say, I'm so glad so many of you brought this game back. Thanks!! Also I see many of you have made some creative additions and enhancements to this classic. Cheers, and another Thanks!! I'm just having 3 issues with the game.
    1) I can't seem to select a different weapon for my offhand. I go to the other screen, but can't move the selector no matter what button i hit.
    2) How can i save without dying, I heard about the up and select thing. but i can't get it to work. (perhaps 1+2 are related to a button issue)
    3)On my comp at work, I can't get this game working. the screen is very dark, and is unable to load game files (works fine at home). are service packs necessary for this to function?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated,
    Again, Thanks all for the Resurrection of Zelda!

a.k.a. Zephlon Arphanosh Mega Link's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.73%

Re: Newbie-can't find answers in forum yet. Please help kind sirs.

For #2, press ESC then go to File>Quit>Save.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.74%

Are you pressing the Arrow keys to move the cursor while in "the other screen"? If so, then maybe you don't have the right items. Do you see only a bow in your items section? If so, buy an arrow to use it. You need BOTH of the item to fire Arrows. Also, check to see if you have ANY items in your subscreen. You need items, you know. Plus, to change items on the go, press Z and X (The keys that the L and R Buttons are normally set to, and yes, I know the original NES had no L or R buttons). Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%

Another shortcut for saving or ending your game is hitting F6 while in play. This will be easier for you since it goes right to the Continue and Save screen. It will avoid accidentally exiting the program which will not save your progress at all.

Kardis

Awsome! thanks for the fast responses- still can't play when work is slow, but now i'm good to go at home! Thanks a lot guys! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%

#3 - The screen might look very dark if it is on a white background. Also you can change your computer screen's brightness/contrast.

If you can't download quests, reset ZC so that it will be on the Title Screen, then press ESC/click to the screen and select Misc. , then click "Quest Dir..."

In this dialog you can change the directory of the quests. You should save your QST files to the Zelda Classic folder, then change the QST Directory to be the Zelda Classic folder.

Cheers

Thread Information