Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.42%

Re: Are there any global registers?

And we only get a limited number of global variables, right? So if I want to make a set of global variables that mirror Link's inventory, checking for all items he could possibly have, do I even have enough space to do that? I guess I could use some creative data structure, where I use X bits to determine unique combinations of 2^X different items, but I'll be damned if that doesn't sound like a pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    You meant SETR, not LOADR, right?
    Oops, yes, yes I did.

I attached it to eight different FFCs. For the first two, the output isn't entirely predictable. One of them prints #1's X position, and the other one prints 0.

Well, here's the bug. REFFFC should be intialized to 0 for the first FFC, 1 for the second, etc. If they are being set to unpredictable values, then yes, cross-script intereference is very possible.

So if I want to make a set of global variables that mirror Link's inventory, checking for all items he could possibly have, do I even have enough space to do that?
    Well, there are 256 item slots, of which a little over 100 are used now, so yes, you could use global variables. But since each global is a long, it would be much more efficient to use individual bits. When arrays are implemented that won't be too bad to implement; right now it's so painful that it's probably not worth doing.

EDIT: Sorry beefster09, I completely missed your post.
    Gobal variables are always totally global, you don't need to do anything special to access them from elsewhere in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

Thank you!
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Thread Information