0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.15%

Re: ZC Playing Tricks and Skills

I haven't seen this thread before, so here are my two tips:

1. Digdoggers: Immediately after blowing the whistle, have your boomerang ready to whack the children. You can have all 3 children stunned if you're quick enough, and it's not hard to be quick.

2. People have been mentioning using bombs to avoid other traps that will hit you for greater damage. I find it much easier to use a candle and run into the flame, especially when crossing paths of spikes. For the first final boss of Dreams of Yesterday, I found this technique to be essential in getting through with minimal damage.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Hypercrash View Post
    PEAHAT:
    * THE BANE OF ALL ZELDA PLAYERS. RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneoneunosingularit y (No, seriously, they're just too damn annoying to kill unless REALLY necessary. )
    One of my incentives for implementing the Roc's Feather was to allow you to slash Peahats in midair. And you can, if you watch the shadows and get the timing just right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.84%

Wow all this information, I think my brain is overloading. :googly:
    The eternal quest for the triforce... A hero's work is never done.

This post is brought to you by Lon Lon Milk, it's the hero of time's choice! :moo:

My Quests:

Demon's Bane v. 0.1

Link's Christmas v. 0.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.2%

Noted...
    *Wind finally starts to think up design plans for a training arena quest including many of these tips (been thinking about it for a LONG time... just never got to the design part)*

Just take in some of the more important/cheap ones first (like the whole sword hitblocks thing I noted especially when fighting darknuts) and use that when playing quests (Kamala's Tomb is a good playground for this stuff, considering the immediate difficulty of that quest).

I think my brain overloaded when I hit Saffith's creature database and the weaknesses of everything. But I'm starting to adjust to it... and that part with the Pols Voice saying the wand cannot hit it like a white sword can? Wrong - wand CAN attack the Pols Voice without magic... was practically forced to do so in some other quest that I've mostly forgotten by now. Just clearing that bit up.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.58%

Well, we know about the lame trick of getting across a floor of spikes by bombing yourself over or having an enemy hit you over the floor to get to areas you couldn't normally get to without lowering the spikes. Well, in a quest I won't name, but you all should know, that is being worked on. We make these spikes half solid in places we don't want you to cross and the rest walkable. So if you try to bomb yourself over, you'll get stuck on the solid portion but be knee deep in the spikes! good luck getting yourself out! XD

Creators should wise up to that trick and start using unwalkable spikes in areas they don't want to have players bomb themselves over, but keep certain spikes walkable for those poor saps that do try that.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31%

I just thought this trick might help somehow. If an enemy is moving towards you and you do a multislash/stab towards then away from the enemy, it will send the enemy though you in the other direction.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%

I believe this only works on Darknuts, unless your using the wand.
    My favorite use of the multi-slash (besides on darknuts) is at full health, where you can slash, and then send the beam in another direction. Very useful. Just don't get hit! ;p
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Actualy I've tested this theory even more to know that it work on pretty much all enemies, but the timing is harder with different enemies.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Not too useful but, like most game once played on the NES the screen loops from one side to the other. You can stab on the left side of the screen and hit an enemy on the right side. Provided your as close as you can get to the side of the screen with out disabling the swors attack, and they're on the same tile as you on the x-axis.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.87%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf View Post
    Creators should wise up to that trick and start using unwalkable spikes in areas they don't want to have players bomb themselves over, but keep certain spikes walkable for those poor saps that do try that.
    Check. I keep this in mind. I also implemented a room that requires the player to bomb over spikes. It works both ways. But why not just walk? That is where solid combos, and bomb flags come in. This area is optional though, and doesn't have to be completed by those who don't wanna blow themselves up.

I don't have any tricks to offer per se, but I will add this: I am a boomerang kind of guy. I will use this in every way at any time. It can really help significantly against -almost- any thing.

Thread Information