User Tag List

Thread: If you could modify or create enemies...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.08%

If you could modify or create enemies...

Before I start, let me point out that this thread is not for requesting either new enemies or an enemy editor.

Its only purpose is for people within the ZC community to share their ideas on enemies.

Here's my idea:

I have wanted certain enemies, such as Darknuts, to come in more varieties, but I wanted certain varieties to be difficult in their own ways. Currently, we have the standard Darknut, the upgraded Darknut (more stamina, damage, and speed), the new splitting Darknut (even more stamina, damage, and speed), and the "Death Knight". Unfortunately, if you are making a quest, you are limited to two or three practical choices unless the player has very high life and some special equipment to face a Death Knight. How would I remedy this? By having certain Darknuts specialize in speed, stamina, power, or a combination of the three.

(Ignore color graphics limitations for the next part; I just use colors to distinguish them for now.)

My standard, run-of-the-mill Darknut will have a stamina of 2 hearts (Wooden Sword takes out half a heart), a damage of one heart (against a player with no rings/armor), and the speed of a Moblin (slow). This Darknut will be colored Silver.

The next Darknut, colored Yellow, will be the same as the Silver except for its speed; the Yellow Darknut will be slightly faster (the speed of the current blue Darknut). The Cyan Darknut resembles the Slver one except for the doubled stamina: 4 hearts. The Magenta Darknut delivers twice the damage of the Slver one (two hearts worth).

The Gray Darknut will have the best qualities of the Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta Darknuts: extra speed, 4 hearts stamina, and 2 hearts damage.

The Blue, Green, and Red Darknuts all have at least 4 hearts stamina, 2 hearts damage, and faster speed than the Silver Darknut; however, each one has its own specialty. The Blue Darknut in my group will have a stamina of 6 hearts and are only vulnerable from behind—attacks from the sides are repelled. The Green one has even more speed (fast as a slow Lanmola) and charges at the player (like Rope) at an even faster speed (fast Lanmola speed) once in the same line of path. The Red one has 3 hearts of damage and can throw sword beams at 2 hearts of damage each.
    I destroy my enemies. I make them my friends. —Abraham Lincoln

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%

Re: If you could modify or create enemies...

Me, I would just make certain enemies bigger. Why would Link be bigger than a "giant" walking suit of armor (Darknut) but smaller than a little bunny (Pol's voice)?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.08%

Another idea would involve the Gibdos. If they were unsuceptable to knockback but vulnerable to fire (or turn into Stalfos once burned), then the otherwise boring Gibdo would become something more than a tough, powerful unit.

Also, if Lynels charged like Ropes whenever the player was within its line of sight, they could become more than just long range attackers.
    I destroy my enemies. I make them my friends. —Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.64%

I would like to see more moldorm (sp?) versions. Longer, faster, bigger, maybe a boss one like in LTTP?

Thread Information