0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.3%

Ōkami

What are you doing?

You're reading some stupid post on some silly message board.

Why the hell are you doing that when you could be playing Ōkami for the PS2? (You're excused if you can't afford a PS2, but barely.) In this humble gamer's limited opinion, this is one of the best games for the PS2 to date. I just got it a few days ago and am absolutely enraptured. I can barely pry myself from it to post about it. Kudos, Clover.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.96%

Re: Ōkami

Played it at EB the other day. Very nice, makes me wish my brother didn't have the PS2 right now (and understand that I am at college some 500-odd miles away).
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%

I've seen a little bit about Okami during it's development, and it looks like a really neat game. I wish it were on the Gamecube though

Who knows, maybe Capcom will port it to Wii in the future? The brush stroke and drawing things in the game just scream Wii-mote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.03%

It's a very pretty game, I'll give it that. Aso nicely original, something very lacking these days. Now, if only I had the patience to really sit down and play it for awhile..
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.73%

Hrrm..... And I'm a Capcom fan too. Is there any chance they might port it to..... say, the N64 maybe?

OK, maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.82%

I've been playing it the past week while waiting for Tales of the Abyss, and I must say it's a very pretty game that's very enjoyable. It reminds me of Zelda for many reasons, the exploring, people telling you about important places in a certain color, and just the general feel. I also thought it would have been interesting for the Wii, but I've gotten used to drawing with the Analog Stick. People say that the voices when the characters talk in game gets very annoying, but I just find it reminiscent of Banjo-Kazooie.

All in all, if you've got $40 and want a Zelda-like PS2 game, by all means, pick up Okami. They only had 2 left at my local game store, so you never know, it may become hard to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.3%

When my roommate first showed me a clip of Ōkami game footage he had just downloaded, I thought at first that it was an upcoming Wii title, what with the brushing and all. It really would be right at home on the Wii. Still, I certainly am used to drawing with the stick, and the way the drawing system in the game works, you can take your time, and you never really have to be very good.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.19%

Buy this game.

Buy this game.

Buy this game.

No seriously, I just got my first taste of it and playing this game is like playing a painting. This is not a game, this is art, and if you are a connoisseur of the finer things in life you are not complete without playing this game.

My only gripe is the game is severely crippled by the PS2; why designers fail to make games like this on the more capable XBox, Gamecube, or SNES I don't know. Your view is severely limited much like in many other PS2 games and I don't enjoy the blurring that is frequently used as an effect. Judging from how it is used in other PS2 games I'm assuming it disguises some artifact but it is really annoying.

And don't tell me that cel-shaded games are just hard to do right because Capcom did Viewtiful Joe just fine on the Gamecube without any of these problems, and Namco pulled off Tales of Symphonia which had equally impressive visuals without the problems I've mentioned.

Anyway all things aside this is probably the best game I've played in a long time. I'm a fan of Japanese art (the old art not anime) and playing this game is very much like watching a movie done in that style.

Thread Information