Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%

Question Ring scratch on normal Xbox games

I went to start up a game that I had rented today, and was playing earlier, but it wouldn't load. I thought that was realy wierd; I hadn't taken the disc out of the box since the last play, so it can't be scratched right? When I took the disc out I discovered a perfect ring scratched on the underside. Looking at my other Xbox games, all 2 of them, I found the same thing. Apparently my Xbox has been damaging discs when it plays them. For how long, I don't know. Searching the internet finds me people having a similar problem, but with the Xbox 360. Mine is the original, so that doesn't really help. Unless both systems are subject to the same problems. My box is sitting on the bottom of the entertainment unit, where it has always been. It doesn't get moved, though occasonaly the cord gets tripped over.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had the same problem with the old box, and if they found a way to resolve it.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

Re: Ring scratch on normal Xbox games

take it back to the store for a replacement!
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.68%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Are you really sure those scratches weren't there before? It's more likely someone put it in their 360 and did exactly what M$ tells you not to do, scratching the rental in the worst possible way.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%

I suppose it's possible, even the Pirates! game I own was bought from a rental company. However, Halo 2 has the same thing, and that's been mine since release day.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."

"You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.98%

I've heard of that before. I don't own an Xbox 720 myself, though. I don't know why, it's just that biased, stereotypical kind of attitude of a Nintendo fanboy. :p

Yeah, but you can go to Gamespot or wherever you bought it and you should be able to get replacements. If not, call the MS technical support hotline. (Obviously. )
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%

Had my discs buffed at the game store. When I asked they guy said he hasn't heard of it happening on a regular Xbox, but it's probably an alignment problem with the tray and lens. My pirates disc had two rings, the outer was probably from the tray, the inner from the lens touching the disc. I called MS support. What a joke! I actually yelled at the poor lady when she asked if I've tried deleting my save games to see if it helps the discs load. Eventually I got some service info out of her. $80 + shipping to send it to be repaired. My other choices are buy a used one for $100, or crack it open and see if I can fix it myself, since it's past warranty anyway.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.68%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You should just mod it and load your games off the harddisk.

Thread Information