Here's what I've done so far in the overworld-making department. Not much, but it's a start, and a directed one at that.
None of the secret caves or houses have interiors yet. (If I can make them, on what map should I put them?)

* I've got a problem: see screen 23. Currently there aren't enough "ladder or hookshot" typed mountain combos to allow me to make Link able to hookshot between the two raised platforms.
* Something strange happened early on in development: rather than immediately constructing the uncharted overworld areas, I was hit with a sudden desire to add a creek and lake leading from screen 44 to screen 31. And so I did. Do you mind? (I haven't thought of where the whirlpool leads yet, but it may or may not involve ice arrows, or a connection to the river in Forest Temple.)
* Also, while making the aforementioned river and mounds, I changed (make that corrected) the walkability of several water->grass and grass->mountain combos.
* Also: I wanted the Mystic Woods to feel more like a forest and less like a whole lot of trees, so I added overhead foliage to some more screens. In doing that I ate a few screens on map 7.

Some thoughts:
* Hyrule traditionally contains at least four distinct overworld areas: a forest, a mountain, a big lake, and a desert. (TMC swapped desert for swamp, as did LttP's Dark World) Currently we have the first two at the west and east ends of the overworld, respectively.
* Rule: the overworld should get progressively less green the further east you travel.
* I don't know if "Tall Grass->Next", "Bush->Next" or "Flowers->Next" combo types exist in b13, but if they do, I'd very much like to convert all of the Tall Grass, Bush and Grass combos to these types, simply because of the sheer convenience of not having to deal with secret combos. As the amount of rooms in NeoFirst that use these combos is small at the moment (just L1 and the overworld), the process of converting them by hand won't be too consuming.