2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%

Re: Features you want in ZC Final

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I for one like making more modern up to date quests.
    but your not making modern quests... your making a quest that entirely different to previous one... i love tgl so cant wait for it.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%

it is a modern quest, just like Minish Cap is a modern Zelda, same thing.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    NEWEST QUESTS:
    ZC 2.5 build 635+ (Player): Origins III
    visit my web site, for all my quests Einstein Games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.7%

who said that the games would lose their nostalgic feelings, when if you want to
    make a classic based quest, leave the enemies and items at their default.
    it's not hard to do so, and remember NOT EVERYONE MAKES ZELDA QUESTS!!!.
    for those who don't the editors will make a nice touch, I too plan on making a
    non Zelda quest based on The Guardian Legend, so all of these editors will make
    it easier to do so, ZC is a versitaile quest maker, and if a classic quest is what
    you want to make, no one said even with the editors, that it can't still be that
    way, and the dialog at this point would be nice and I would love to see it, but
    isn't neccesary yet.

so what is the complaints about the nostalgia, you want classic... go and download
    ZC version 1.84, the rest of us will gladly keep downloading the
    newer versions, I for one like making more modern up to date quests.

and my main point in case anyone missed it is.....

.... leave the editors alone in the game if you still want to make a classic
    type quest, the rest of us want our quests to be truly custom works of art.
    Exactly. We could still rename newer versions Zelda Classic Advanced, though, since we have so many new features.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%

shadowfall take a look at super mario bros 1 and super mario bros 3.... do they create the same level of pleasure upon completion? not really.... mario 3 is easy but long where as mario 1 is shorter but more random.

thus i standby what i said.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.92%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    yes... with the enemy editor and object editor the quests will lose there nostalgic feeling.
    Then don't use the feature then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%

i never said i would use the feature...
    Computer specifications:

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%

I like both 1 & 3, and while Mario is a bad example to use, because all you do
    is jump, break blocks & shoot fireballs no matter what game it is, (exception 2)
    & a few newer ones. thats like saying Sonic does more on most games than
    run & jump, most games are if you play one you have probably played them all,
    and Mario is one of them.

but the newer Marios are nothing like Mario 1, therefore your analogy is flawed.
    Mario 3 was made almost 20 years ago
    , if you were to compare Mario 1 to
    whichever is the new Mario now, my point would stand. and even though
    the New SMB on DS is similar to 1, you can do way more than ever thought
    possible to do back in '85, thus making the new game more modern and up to
    date
    , better maybe not to all, but it is still available to all who wish to use it.

and for those who'd rather play 1, so is it, and no one is being limited by a few
    who prefer outdated 8-bit gameplay, yes I love our game roots, and I still play
    the NES and Atari games from time to time, but I am glad what we are capable of
    now and while ZC is not like a higher powered game maker, it has much potential
    for those who wish to make something that they have always wanted to do, so
    why should we be limited just to keep the thing nostalgic?, you don't like the features
    don't use them others want the features and more new things to come, I look forward
    to the new releases of ZC and think the programmers are doing a hell of a job at it.

thus I stand by what I, and apparently others say & said.....

besides there are new quests that people make everyday that still use the classic tileset,
    the new features don't stop them from making a nostalgic feeling quest now do they?, as if that
    were even possible Zelda is Zelda, but without new features everyone would be playing & making
    the same quests over and over and really people would get tired of it (I have read that before 2.10
    some people were) and then what would be the point of keeping ZC alive?, and why release new
    versions at all then?. believe me I sometimes would rather live in the past, but we are here and now.
    NEWEST QUESTS:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%

ah but Mario 1 and 3 are pretty much the same with a huge difference in feel.... comparing Mario 1 to something recent is just plain stupid.
    Computer specifications:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.01%

I like both 1 & 3, and while Mario is a bad example to use, because all you do
    is jump, break blocks & shoot fireballs no matter what game it is, (exception 2)
    & a few newer ones. thats like saying Sonic does more on most games than
    run & jump, most games are if you play one you have probably played them all,
    and Mario is one of them. CLIPPED
    Well said. I got very bored with ZC before all the new features and public betas started being released. If you don't like the new feature DON"T USE THEM and don't play quests that use them. But don't advocate limiting ZC for the rest of us.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%

that is my whole point, the new quests made with ZC can't compare to the original LOZ,
    what is the matter with you?, you can't dig holes, or have a hookshot, or even more than
    one entrance to a screen, so why would I even want to maintain that level of limitations
    in the new ZC? LOZ was fine in '86 when I was 10, but I have moved on passed that
    generation of games as has anyone else, I am not trying to compare Mario 1 to even Mario 64,
    the gameplay has evolved, but I am comparing 1 to the DS version, and while similar they are
    lightyears apart in gameplay & graphics, while being the same in feel the DS has long since left
    the NES version in the dust, no one is stupid you just miss the point that I am trying to make
    for whatever reason.

ZC is ever moving forward and the fact that you want it left behind is just plain stupid, like
    I said keep using 1.84 if you don't like how everything is evolving, if the designers stopped
    now all of these sites would be pointless to maintain, as all the quests would be too much
    alike to even care about it anymore, and I as a long time quest maker like all the options
    available to me to use, I make more quests than I play and even though my posts are few here
    I have been with this for over 2 years and I know a thing or two about ZC and where it has been.
    my first was 1.92 b163 and now here we are in 2.11 b13, the evolvement is what has kept me
    so interested over the years. to stop adding new features and making it easy to customize you quests
    your way at this point would be what is stupid, after them spending years on it's development.

my first ever quest was so bad, that I just released it not too long ago, I have made an almost
    fully custom tileset since using the Pure Set on my first one, then I started making tiles that
    were missing, then I started making my own originals, and now my newest quest has much more
    flexability than ever, I am using a MC set mixed with my own & Pure remnants, as well as a few
    from Raiden & others, and without the 256 color feature, I never could have done that without
    mad layers and way too much tile space taken up, which I had to do before and it was a pain.
    I am grateful to Dark Nation and Jman for doing what they do, and I hope they keep it up for a time
    to come, I have fun with ZC and it is due to the new options available, without them all it would truly
    be is an 8-bit clone and after a few quests made would bore most and ZC would never have come
    this far.
    NEWEST QUESTS:

Thread Information