Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Features you want in ZC Final

I'm making this poll because we're kinda debating what features should be in the next stable release of C. We're working on the many bugs in the program, most of which have been fixed (the grabber for example is now almost completely functional. Thank DN for that one), but there are some features that we want included but not sure if you would like them before we release the newest stable version or afterwards for the next version (which might take a while to come out). You can choose any of the three features listed above, or if you prefer, select none of the above. The three choices are: a completed item editor with full scripting capabilities, the new dialogue editor, and a rudimentary(incomplete but functional) enemy editor. Your input will greatly determine which direction we go with this.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.52%

Re: Features you want in ZC Final

I voted Item and Rudimentary Enemy. Dialogue would be nice, but can be done without. Items would be fine if what we saw in 12.9 worked and was fully fleshed out, if necessary script support for items can wait for the next release (but would still be nice if we could have it now).
    EDIT: I just realized that, sans scripting, the z-series items are a little lacking on the functionality end (other than for special counters and the like). So, some item script options would be nice, or some kind of behavioral mod.

An enemy editor, for now, would just need to modify the basic variables (health, damage, etc.). Obviously, script support is something to be added at a later date, since a solid ZC release is obviously on the horizon.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%

i voted diloague and complete item editor, these are the main 2 i've been waiting for. just for the heck of it, i threw in a vote for the enemies to say i care about it, but it can wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.16%

I voted for the item editor and the dialogue editor. Everybody wants the enemy editor, that's obvious, but if we're shooting for a bug-free, final version here, I say we should do our best to avoid adding half-completed features. Since the last truly stable and widely accepted version of ZC, so much has been added, that tacking on something incomplete would just feel wrong. A final public release would hopefully bring about a resurgence of ZC popularity, and having an incomplete enemy editor, arguably the most requested feature ever (next to the Roc's feather), would only give people something to complain about.

Bottom line- an incomplete enemy editor will likely make the whole release feel incomplete and crush the hopes of prospective questmakers. They'll get excited about it, only to realize it's limited or buggy. Besides, if the enemy editor gets left out now, it'll keep people excited about the future of ZC.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

I voted for all three, even though I want the dialogue editor the most. I've been waiting for that for a long while. Still, I have a question about it: Are you going to allow messages to be placed anywhere on the screen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

Item editor and dialogue. Thoes are my first picks and would make a good release. It might take a little longer but what the heck. I'll go for it.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.59%

First of all, Son of a Bitch these kinda even out like this
    :googly: Me Gusta Evaluar Y No Hablar Espanol Excellente

Item
    Ok, a good choice. This will allow us to do a lot of tinkering and making interesting weapons for line such as some bomb arrows. Praise who ever the hell's out there. One of the most important ones I say, It will allow us to suprise the players with something never seen before such as a spell that shoots a ton of boomerangs in all directions stunning everything on the field.

Enemy
    Humbung, what would I make with this... A bomb breathing gleeok, a manhandle that shoots winds, perhaps a darknut that is invincible to everything except the master sword?

Dialogue Editor
    And what does this do...
    I see a big ball of glass.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.62%

Dialogue Editor is the one I want the most. Just because it makes the mood in my quests better. And it is just plain needed.

Item Editor would be awesome, however, I see this one being hard to make without bugs. I think it would take the most time. However, the only thing is, you basically started it already with people now planning things with it. And if you don't finish it, it will cause a lot of people to get mad. But yeah, this is cool.

The Enemy thing, I can wait for in the future. I would love it, but if I were to choose which two I would want it would be the dialogue and the item editor.

Also, I thought you could only vote for one, so I voted for the dialogue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.4%

I voted for Item editor and Enemy editor. I'm not sure what the dialogue editor would do, though I would like to know. Hopefully the will be somewhat usable without scripting. The enemy editor will be useful with features such as.

1. Being able to specify where the enemy sprites are located (use the current locatons as defaults).

2. Being able to specify which cset an enemy uses.

3. Being able to edit an enemy's HP and Damage.

I still think 1.90 tribbles should be reimplimented . I consider it a bug for older quests and a lack of a feature for current quests.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    I voted for the item editor and the dialogue editor. Everybody wants the enemy editor, that's obvious, but if we're shooting for a bug-free, final version here, I say we should do our best to avoid adding half-completed features. Since the last truly stable and widely accepted version of ZC, so much has been added, that tacking on something incomplete would just feel wrong. A final public release would hopefully bring about a resurgence of ZC popularity, and having an incomplete enemy editor, arguably the most requested feature ever (next to the Roc's feather), would only give people something to complain about.

Bottom line- an incomplete enemy editor will likely make the whole release feel incomplete and crush the hopes of prospective questmakers. They'll get excited about it, only to realize it's limited or buggy. Besides, if the enemy editor gets left out now, it'll keep people excited about the future of ZC.
    I couldn't have said it better. Since the item editor was already released, that would be a great feature to fix up and release with the final version. The dialogue editor would also be a good feature to add in since there has been quite a bit of discussion on what people would want to see and I am guessing that work has already been done on this or there is at least a plan for it.

I wish you were a bit more specific on what you actually plan for the enemy editor if you were to make it for the next release, but I would rather let that be a brand new feature in a future version which will have all the features you plan on developing. I am voting for items and dialogue.

Thread Information