3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Question ... Okay ...

... Okay. Seriously. I've asked quite a few times before in various places, but I guess nobody has seen it yet.

Does anyone have a dungeon map plan of Level 2? I've mentioned it to numerous people that if they want to see their ideas in, a plan must be created of those ideas.

Has anyone come up with anything viewable? ... A route through the dungeon, complete with locked doors, keys, special rooms, obstacles, etc ... ... ? Anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

Re: ... Okay ...

I might be able to. Haven't really done anything. Considering it though.

I May be a n00b, but i'm an expert by heart(like shoelace was before HoD i'm sure)
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%

Well, I'd definitely love to see some plans from you, Beefster. It'd be very cool to have your name on a dungeon everyone will play, I'm sure.

BTW, Rakki sent this in:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakki
    Remember these?

Ice.
    Fire.

These are the ones I've never particularly liked (as I mentioned in the L2 planning topic). They're certainly an option for Level 2, though...

~Rakki
    Damn fine stuff. Top that.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.25%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    Damn fine stuff. Top that.
    Can do!

http://www.greyfire.org/~l/Stonewater.png

Note that the placement of lines is merely an abstract representation. I don't demand that a diagonal line of hammer combos is placed within the Ice 3E room - just that the hammer be required to access the two paths on the other side of it.

Also, two minibosses. "Volvagia" is also the Japanese name for a certain boss in Zelda 2 whom I'll be basing the first miniboss off. Something I forgot to mention is that there's also a Fire Volvagia, but you'll find (or the Ice Volvagia will tell you) that the Rival has already defeated it.

The second miniboss will be more of a "trick" boss where all you have to do is make the Rival hit the wrong thing with the hammer or something.

As for the Rival's identity - well, that depends on what Link will do and who he will meet before he enters the dungeon. Right now I'm imagining him/her as being a deluded, Quixotic knight errant.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.18%

I think you meant the rival changes it from Fire to Ice in 2F, _L_. 2G is the farthest righthand room in the second row. There's no switcher indicated there. o.o

Anyway, not bad. I kind of dislike the lack of a second floor (one of the major problems, in my opinion, with my map), but it's not like I'm the one deciding what this place looks like. :p

Erm... by the way... Where does the player go after the first temperature switch? There's two hammer gates blocking the only ways to go. Unless the cyan colored arrow in the room down and left from the switch is supposed to be darker, so that it's a hidden bomb path...

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%

... ... *Floored* ... ... ... (I love maps. XD )

A few small requests though. Sorry to pile on the work, but you'll see why I'm requesting this:

1) A location of all the individual items. Keys, the three main dungeon items, map, compass, boss key, rupees, etc.

2) Gray out the arrows in terms of when the player will be taking that path. White arrows indicate routes able to be taken at any time, and silver ones represent ones gotten after one or more major items, and gray arrows represent paths taken only (Chronologically) when the boss key is gotten. I'm sure you can see how these will really help exhibit the power of a dungeon plan.

3) Why is the dungeon exitable in the ice caverns? o.o ... Hm. The player will expect to re-enter an ice caverns upon entering the caverns again. Thus, an FF script will be required, using an FF Script to keep track of which state the caverns are in. Think you're up for that? Surely it'll be peanuts for someone of your obvious skills, .. that much I'm sure of.

BTW, _L_, I know you have PM's turned off, but there's a matter I seriously need to speak with you about. Can you please activate your PM system so we can chat in private? Thanks. :) I appreciate it. ^^; (Yes, it's very important.)

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.25%

1) A location of all the individual items. Keys, the three main dungeon items, map, compass, boss key, rupees, etc.
    I already put those in! Didn't you see the tiny coloured squares?
    3) Why is the dungeon exitable in the ice caverns? o.o ... Hm. The player will expect to re-enter an ice caverns upon entering the caverns again. Thus, an FF script will be required, using an FF Script to keep track of which state the caverns are in. Think you're up for that? Surely it'll be peanuts for someone of your obvious skills, .. that much I'm sure of.
    It'll be trivial when global variables are implemented.
    BTW, _L_, I know you have PM's turned off, but there's a matter I seriously need to speak with you about. Can you please activate your PM system so we can chat in private? Thanks. :) I appreciate it. ^^; (Yes, it's very important.)
    ...oh, very well. But just this once!

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki View Post
    Erm... by the way... Where does the player go after the first temperature switch? There's two hammer gates blocking the only ways to go. Unless the cyan colored arrow in the room down and left from the switch is supposed to be darker, so that it's a hidden bomb path...
    You're forgetting where the player will be within room 2F after the Rival presses the switch. Namely, right next to the west door.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.18%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    You're forgetting where the player will be within room 2F after the Rival presses the switch. Namely, right next to the west door.
    ...You know what, I didn't even think of that. ^_^; I was thinking of getting around TO the switch, then having it switched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

You might like this one better. You should have a poll though.

stonewater.png
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Thread Information