vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Exclamation URGENT: NeoFirst Needs YOU!

URGENT!

Okay; first of all, I need copies of These for all dungeon designs. All copies MUST be in the NeoFirst set (Unpassworded) or the DoR Tileset. Follow the templates in the first link in this post.

Those will be implemented into the tileset.

Second, I need dungeon planners. I need people to plan out an intricate and clever path through a dungeon, based on the items that you recieve, and the order that you use them in. Know what I mean? If you're interested, please sign up. Having your name immortalized on an entire dungeon is pretty worth the effort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.14%

Re: URGENT: NeoFirst Needs YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    URGENT!

Second, I need dungeon planners. I need people to plan out an intricate and clever path through a dungeon, based on the items that you recieve, and the order that you use them in. Know what I mean? If you're interested, please sign up. Having your name immortalized on an entire dungeon is pretty worth the effort.
    If you want someone to set down and "build" a dungeon, based on the items you say will be in that dungeon, I can do that.
    If you're looking for someone to set down and draw one on paper, then I probably wouldn't be much help.

I have a limited amount of time, so if you'd like me to build one, I'll need to know and get started pretty soon.
    If you do, then I'll have some other questions before I start.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

This is the verbal schematic for Level 2, the Ice/Fire caverns. Oddly enough, the actual building of the dungeon needs to come after the planning. L2 will require even more planning than level 1 or L3 due to how the obstacles will change between each states, so it'll be the hardest to work out.

If you believe that you actually can construct a dungeon that fits that specifications, then I have little doubt that you, of all people, would succeed in doing such a thing.

The thing is though, I'm still building the tileset. I need those Dungeon Carving designs. While the quest itself is in someone else's hands, there's very little I can do besides rip graphics and plan out other areas. I suppose this would indeed be the best time to do that though. L_L'

So what I *REALLY* need are plans, but if you're up to building such a dungeon that matches That description, Freedom, then I'm wishing you the very best luck in the world. =/

If you find yourself lacking graphics, just place a little placeholder there. Seriously, that applies to anything. Anything you need, just place any unusual tile there and I'll substitute the necessary tiles later.

You sir are wonderful.

Here are a few more details:

• Three Items:
      • Ladder
      • Raft
      • Magic Hammer
    • Ladder can be used in both temperatures.
    • The Raft can only be used on water. Place water wherever you need, but preferably as far away from ice or lava as possible, otherwise it'd evaporate or freeze. (Theoretically.)
    • You can crack rocks (VERY cracked, but very dark.) which can be broken with the magic hammer. Same with stagmites of ice. Again, if you don't have the tiles, just place a label there and I'll do it.
    • Use the ladder as much as you want. You can make an EXTREMELY linear path to the ladder, then have the whole dungeon yours to explore in any state once you get it. Add as many cracks as you'd like.
    • The raft is gotten *ABOVE* the dungeon, so when you make the player get the raft, just put in a staircase. It doesn't even have to be fancy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.14%

I guess I misunderstood you.
    No I can't build based on what's in someone elses mind, sorry.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

I can. Unfortunatly, I have no fire/ice tileset. If someone knows where I can get one, I'll get started right away.
    EDIT: I forgot, what mechanism do you want for tranferring between Fire and Ice. Switch, or what?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster42 View Post
    I can. Unfortunatly, I have no fire/ice tileset. If someone knows where I can get one, I'll get started right away.
    I .. er .. just linked to it. o.o'

The dungeon's fire series will look like these:

(Once again, Mr_Z, thanks. @ @.' )

The Ice Dungeon can use most of the same tiles, only in an icy palette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

Whoops, sorry, didn't notice that. I'll get cracking.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

EDIT: I forgot, what mechanism do you want for tranferring between Fire and Ice. Switch, or what?
    Anything, really. Devote a full room to it, and use at least two to three rooms, though no fewer than that, and no more than five.

So you're planning? .. Or building? I'd personally prefer people start planning over building. :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

I usually plan on paper first, and if you really want, I can scan it and send it to you, but beware my arcane symbols and chicken scratch don't make much sense. Oh, by the way, how big(screen wise) do you want this. I usually make say, level 4 around 50-60 screens, etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Oh, it probably shouldn't be more than 8x8 in size. Use as many screens on that one 8x8 half of a map that you need. Don't forget that it'll use at least three maps: One for the actual screens, one for layer 1, and another for layer 3. It can use more as necessary of course. Just one floor will do, really.

Remember though, it's not the number of rooms: It's how they're used. The dungeon will be VERY complex, based on both the items you have and don't have, and the temperature. For example, one path opens when you turn the dungeon to ice and another path will close. Places you could cross on the raft over water in the fire state will freeze up and turn to a huge glacier that you can't go past at all in the ice stage. Holes will fill up with water and you can use the raft to cross them. Small 1x5 glaciers will pop up and you have to use the magic hammer to cross whereas you could pass freely in the fire temple. Y'see?

Thread Information