Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Speed it up guys

Remember everyone, NeoFirst is designed to be packed-in with the next version of Zelda Classic. Since we're planning on releasing the new version soon, I implore everyone working on this to please move a bit faster. We can and probably will delay release of ZC some until it's done, but not for very long. What we ned to do is find a balance between implementing every cool new feature and making sure it gets done on time.

ST, i expect good things from you and am confident you'll come through. Same goes for everyone else working on this. For everyone not working on it, remember that ou CAN work on this. It's a group project meant to showcase the ZC communities abilities. So even if you have to do just a little bit (like, one FFC script or just one particular overworld section), please consider working on NeoFirst.

That is all.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Speed it up guys

That'll probably mean shrinking the size of everything down. Maybe half an overworld, and half the size of each temple. Maybe I should stop working on the tileset as well.

This also means that we need to have more member input. This is your quest too, so you have a say in what goes into it. Remember, Level 2 and Level 3 already have the concepts down, but their structural planning hasn't been done yet. Read up on the specs of each dungeon in the other threads.

I already have the plan for the L1 Boss. (I just need to develop the graphics for it.) I'm going to be drawing up the graphics for the L2 boss so jman can create his dream. While this is going on, we'll need people to help create the path through these two final dungeons.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.62%

I really want this to come out when 2.11 is released. So I say, stop working on the tileset. It looked fine the way it was when I was making the game. You know you were switching things in the tileset around to make it look pretty and it screwed up, but I think it is fine now. If you noticed I am a messy designer. All of my combos were in one spot, but that is why I labeled them level 1 combos.

Anyways, I noticed the overworld is coming out slow. I am not sure why actually. It looks like 7 screens of the forest, but maybe it is in the planning stages I don't know. But you couldn't cut down the size of the overworld. The overworld is easy to make anyways. You should be able to put together the overworld in a week. And then the contents of the houses, caves, and mini things, in another week.

Right now we need to focus on making the 2nd level. I tried to make my level as quickly as possible so we can get to the 2nd level already. However, it seems I didn't have to rush it as it is 2 monthes later.

Anyways, ST, you need to start yelling at people. Rakki is back, tell him to get his butt on it because of the deadline. And while that is going on, we should find someone to make the third level. They should plan it, and when Rakki takes breaks, or is finished, this person should be making the 3rd level.

I don't know is I came off as bossy or anything, but I think we need to get on top of this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

At this point we need bossyness. >.> Thanks for your support man. o.o .. and all of yours as well. It needs it all.

I just made a topic about the L2 plans.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

For the record, I wasn't aware that I was the one who was supposed to be building level 2 (see: beyond planning) until just recently, which is why I took the break in the first place. If I had known, when I finshed the map back in June, that I was also building the dungeon (I didn't think I was because I'm pretty sure Shoelace didn't design AND build level 1), I would've had it done by now. In retrospect, though, and after seeing level 1, I'm kind of disappointed in how my design for level 2 turned out, so I guess it's not such a bad thing that L2 is getting a redesign now, is it?

Either way, sorry to have held the project up for 3 months now, guys. =/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

It's not you. o.o We just need to see the plans for it. I keep bugging people for plans, but everyone edges away. Do you have the plans, Rakki? Please upload and link to them right here so we can see them? Thanks.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Speed it up some more guys. I'm starting to think this won't be done in time for ZC's release.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Neither NeoFirst nor the Mac betas ever seem to update nowadays. Which is doubly to the detriment of me and other willing participants.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

Starting to, jman? I'm having trouble figuring out what the hell's going on. Last I heard, the jury's still out on who's making Level 2, DN is apparently handling L3 and... I can't remember who, but, somebody else is making the final dungeon. ShadowTiger's apparently still working on the tileset, and I think he's also making the overworld, but we apparently still need some caves made by somebody as well.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Are there going to be caveways in this? I don't remember anything said about that.

If you guys need caveways built, I can offer myself to set them up(if nobody else is doing it).

It would be nice to see this project come back together. It's become so scattered now and it's getting difficult to nail down what needs finished.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Thread Information