0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.94%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 11

How do I access the subscreen editor?
    I'm impatient and too gidy to think straight.

Never mind, I forgot to download, I just coppied.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.47%

so... does this require any other file to work? like alleg42.dll? because if it does wouldnt it make sense to also link to a full package aswell? or are beta's released like this to stop computer newbs from using them?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.53%

Nice. Awesome. Etc.

I am going to mess around with the subscreen thing! Hopefully there is an option for the map to not overwrite the background map, because then I could make awesome maps!

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.87%

franpa, yes, you will need the other support files. They haven't changed since the last beta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation
    4. Subscreen editor
    7. ZQuest option to turn off Copy/Move/Overwrite Tile Protection.
    THANK YOU

Item suggestion for the afore mentioned Red Potion option; Red Pot. Full, and Red Pot. Half. Use the Red Pot. Full once, and it becomes Red Pot. Half, then using that will remove it from the inventory

[edit] Now, if we only had an item/weapon positioning editor, which included both left and right directions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

Some of my contributions:

• Mass combo copy. Select a range of combos and press SHIFT-V to copy to all of them. Like this you can quickly make several copies of one combo. If you had several combos selected when you pressed C, it'll make several copies of the whole block until the selection is completely filled.
    • Mass tile overlay. Select a tile and press C to copy, then select a group and press SHIFT-O to overlay onto all of them at once. Hold CTRL too ot mass underlay.
    • Insert/Delete combos. On the combo page, press I on a combo to insert a new combo before it. All combos from this one on move one to the right on the combos page, but the actual screens shouldn't be affected. The last combo on the last page gets overwritten. In the same way, press SHIFT-I to delete the durrent combo and move all following ones to the left one place. This trick should help reorganizing combo pages a lot.

Note: Due to the way tiles are handled, mass tile copy is best done this way: Select destination range and press DEL. Select source tile, press C. Select destination range again, and press SHIFT-O. (There's no SHIFT-V to do it directly.) If you copy a range of tiles, zquest will make one copy of them all regardless of how big the selection is when you paste.

Garbage combos
    I found and fixed something that might have been causing them. I hope this was it - if it wasn't, remember that my new tricks have a great potential for triggering them. So remember the golden rule and make backups! Do so before you try anything new out, and you should be safe. If you do see any garbage combos (combos randomly appearing, moving, changing ... either in the combo pages or on screens) a report in the bug threads would be nice.
    Koopa - former member of AGN and retired ZC developer.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.22%

The hookshot and longshot length are in tiles (currently). Should I make it pixels instead? Right now, if you have the hookshot and its length is set to 3, you won't be able to snag a grab combo that is 3 tiles away unless you are below it (since link can actually walk a 1/2 tile upwards).

As for the arrow counter not showing up, are you just looking in the subscreen editor or in actual game play? I think that the number used in the subscreen editor is the number you have set in the init data (so if you set 17 arrows, the arrow counter should show 17). Also, the True Arrows quest rule may be a factor.

Now, you can't select 2 items. The Selector 1 and 2 are so you can have a foreground and background selection image (for instance, a rotating crystal such as Nayru's Love). Just one of the selection items behind all of your items and the other in front. I think that most (if not all) of the default subscreens have this set up already.

The next beta should have an easier Z3 subscreen (you will be able to set tiles and stuff from the Sprites menu).

I'm working on a tutorial. Most of the stuff is fairly easy. The Magic Gauge Piece and the Life Gauge Piece are quite possibly two of the most complicated things in ZQuest to understand but are easily the most versatile and powerful subscreen parts.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%

Just one thing nobody noticed. Nothing stopping it from working. The names are backwards.
    The top subscreen is really the bottom and the bottom is really the top.

But, totally wicked! I love it!
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.22%

Names are backwards where?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Hey since now we can edit counters, can we have a custom counter we can add for "Misc 1" & "Misc 2" items? Each time we pick up that item, it adds to that counter. Then we could have things like Skulltula coins or something.

Eventually something could be implemented, like a shop where you buy things using your misc item, or a screen flag called "If Misc item = [ ], trigger secrets" (you'd check this off & then insert a number in the box)
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Thread Information