1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

Re: Zeldopoly

Quote Originally Posted by Stantzfield
    As stated by erm on the Quest Editor help, the Potion Shops still use the same 15 desiginated shops that normal shops use. I could try the Leave Money or Life room.
    Right, right, right, my bad. I didn't check to see if there were separate shops for both types.

The thing with the guards' catching Link is simple. If you know how to use combo cycling, that is. You can go HERE to learn how to combo cycle if you do not. When the guard turns, the direct warp will move (with combo cycling) with the line-of-sight of the guard. Both the guard's movement and the direct warp (which will send you to the "Ha, I caught you!" screen) have to be synchronized.

But I'm not sure on why this would be needed in a Monopoly game...
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn
    Right, right, right, my bad. I didn't check to see if there were separate shops for both types.

The thing with the guards' catching Link is simple. If you know how to use combo cycling, that is. You can go HERE to learn how to combo cycle if you do not. When the guard turns, the direct warp will move (with combo cycling) with the line-of-sight of the guard. Both the guard's movement and the direct warp (which will send you to the "Ha, I caught you!" screen) have to be synchronized.

But I'm not sure on why this would be needed in a Monopoly game...
    Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. That's why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.59%

I know how you could make 45 "different" shops. Put each item that you want to buy in the 15 shops. Then, for the items you want to make unpurchasable, make the floor unwalkable in that area. Then put a table or something on layer 5 or 6 so it appears there is only 1 item you can buy.

Monopoly has 28 buyable deeds, so you could just put two items in each shop (the left and right sides, leave the middle blank). So let's say your first shop type has Mediterranean, blank, and Baltic. In one room, you can buy only Mediterranean. In the next, you can buy only Baltic. Etc.

With three "deeds" per shop, you'll need 9 and 1/3 shops. You could use the other 5 2/3 for other things, if needed.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Furst
    I know how you could make 45 "different" shops. Put each item that you want to buy in the 15 shops. Then, for the items you want to make unpurchasable, make the floor unwalkable in that area. Then put a table or something on layer 5 or 6 so it appears there is only 1 item you can buy.

Monopoly has 28 buyable deeds, so you could just put two items in each shop (the left and right sides, leave the middle blank). So let's say your first shop type has Mediterranean, blank, and Baltic. In one room, you can buy only Mediterranean. In the next, you can buy only Baltic. Etc.

With three "deeds" per shop, you'll need 9 and 1/3 shops. You could use the other 5 2/3 for other things, if needed.
    This is a great idea. It will work as long as you just create each shop room yourself to block out items that you don't want purchased right away and if you don't use screen 80 for your shops.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

Yeah, that's definitely an excellent idea. I suppose each different shop would be a different color of deed. Each shop would be either purple, light blue, fuchsia, orange, red, yellow, green, and blue (I believe that's the correct order). Of course, there are the railroads and utilities, too.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

Hey, that's a great idea! I'll work that into how items are purchased. This way it'd be like if each Item were like part of a set. (Sets of 2 or 3).

Whenever I first ran into this problem, I put this quest aside and started working on another one that was bit more traditional and it's coming along fairly well so far. So when I'm finished with that one I'll get back to Zeldopoly.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.89%

Very simple way to get around the shop thing. Use a "Leave Money or Life" room... and simply place blocks (or any unwalkable combo) around the Heart Container, leaving the ONLY option to pay the rupees.

Thread Information