Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

Zeldopoly

After making two basic quests just to get the hang of the program. I'm finally ready to make my first true quest. Zeldopoly. The dungeons will be shaped like the pieces of the Monopoly game. Moblins giving out free rupies will talk about that you have landed on GO and such. I'm debating whether or not I want to submit the two quests I've just made.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.15%

Re: Zeldopoly

Good luck with that. The Quest DB is currently unmanned.

Otherwise, I would say yes. Why hold it back. If you still want to, you can post them in the Temp Quest Database here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91119
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

Ok, thanks

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.9%

You could make it more Monopoly thematic by having door repair charge strings that say things like, "Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200" as well as what you suggested with the free rupees.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

Actually, for Door repairs, I have it saying stuff like you landed on Park Place or Marvin Gardens. Also some of the free rupies say stuff like the Moblin landing on your Pacific Avenue and such. The thing is, I want to have all of the major items be purchased being called "Deeds". The problem I've ran into is that there are only 15 slots availble for various shops. Is there any other way I can make the player purchase items other than creating a shop? I want it to be something like when in a dungeon and you enter the item room, the Old Man is there and he says he's selling the Deed to the Raft for 40 rupies.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.9%

The only thing I can think of is to use a "Leave Money or Life" room, but with that, you could pay a Heart Container as well as cash.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

I posted this in the ZQuest Editor Help forum, but I'll say it again. You could technically use potion shops to have 30 shops... You can start the player out with the letter, but I believe you'd have to place the letter down to activate the shop, even if the player starts with it.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

As stated by erm on the Quest Editor help, the Potion Shops still use the same 15 desiginated shops that normal shops use. I could try the Leave Money or Life room.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.16%

Quote Originally Posted by LinkMaster500
    You could make it more Monopoly thematic by having door repair charge strings that say things like, "Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200" as well as what you suggested with the free rupees.
    Shoelace's newest quest, Hero of Dreams, features a dungeon in which you must sneek around the guards to avoid capture. Getting caught means the guards warp you to jail, from where you have to work your way out of to complete the dungeon. What was funny was that some of the guards, upon catching the player, would say, "Ha ha! You do not pass go. You do not collect 200 rupees!"

If you need help in setting up the jail and the warps that "catch" the player and send him to jail, then ask Shoelace how he did it.
    I destroy my enemies. I make them my friends. —Abraham Lincoln

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.13%

That's good idea. I'll have to look into that for a Jail Type area in the game. But I'm still having trouble with the Shop problem. In this game, I want to have the player have to buy every item as if they were title deeds like in the Monopoly game. Is there some kind of combo that prevents a player from accessing a part of the screen unless he/she pays so much rupies to enter? Until I can find a way to make the player buy all of the items, I'm putting this quest on hold and working on another one that doesn't rely so much on money. The main reason why this quest is so heavily based on rupies is because that's the theme of this quest.

Thread Information