Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.77%

The Omens Quest

I have recently started a new quest called "The Omens". I don’t know how to put up the screenshots, but I can explain the story...

"450 years ago, a terrible foe crept upon the earth. Its minions had no name, so everyone referred to them, as the "Omens". The beast itself did have a name, but it was so foul, it was banished from the mouths of everything, and everyone. Each Omen had a distinct attribute, Ice, Sky, Chaos, Fire, Water, Shadow, and Dark. The beast was referred as the Pure Omen. All of the omens terrorized the planet. They enslaved the earth, all but one man. This man fought back and defeated the omens, one by one. As he killed the omens, his sword collected the power of each. It was called, "The Sword of the Aeons." It was passed down for hundreds of years, starting from a boy, who defeated the demon, Ganon. It was once called, the "Master Sword". The hero was a descendent of the boy. His name was Link. After the hero had killed the omens, the Pure Omen, started to change...He was bigger, stronger, and faster than anything he had ever seen. The hero prevailed though. After a vigorous battle, he went home to his village. Weeks later, the hero was having nightmares about the Pure Omen. He was becoming less happy, and more crazed. Soon, he didn’t want to be near people, even his own King. He was less of a man, and more of a demon. Shortly after, he left the village he was born in. No one ever saw him again…Now 450 years later beasts have appeared inside of that village. It is now in ruins. Some say he died soon after he left. Many say, he is still out there. But one thing is for sure, if we want to live in peace, you need to find that sword, and vanquish the hero that had saved us all. For the omens, are rising from the sleep that he put them in…”

Do I use photobucket for the screenies? Or is there somewhere else I can put them up?
    When the opponent expand, I contract,
    When he contracts, I expand,
    And when there is an opportunity,
    I do not hit--it hits all by itself.
    -- Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.77%

Re: The Omens Quest

Sorry to DP, but I got some screenies. They are mainly in Snow Mountain, but I will get some from Kavaharo Mountains soon.

These are them----------------------------------------------------
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...d/zelda003.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...d/zelda004.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...d/zelda005.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...d/zelda006.jpg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didnt work on them much, but they are average. Hope they please you!
    -- Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Not bad at all for your first quest. What version of ZC are you using for your quest? Also, now that I am freed up for the summer, I am more available for beta testing so let me know down the road if you are looking for testers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%

Your dungeon designs look great. Your overworld designs need a lot of improvement, keep working though, this shows great promise.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.52%

Is it me, or is it snowing inside a dungeon? I guess it's the magic of the world...

That 4th screen could use a little more detail.. some ice maybe? Actually, as it is a snowy/icy dungeon, I have yet to see a bit of ice in any of the screens...

As for the overworld screen... Add some more small trees, more grass, some tall grass, etc. Oh, and if you want to use transparent water (which requires some layering skill), here's my tutorial on it:
    http://zcu.zc.funpic.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=140

Aside from, this currently shows what will probably come to be as a great quest (I look forward to it).
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.77%

Quote Originally Posted by WindStrike
    Is it me, or is it snowing inside a dungeon? I guess it's the magic of the world...

That 4th screen could use a little more detail.. some ice maybe? Actually, as it is a snowy/icy dungeon, I have yet to see a bit of ice in any of the screens...

As for the overworld screen... Add some more small trees, more grass, some tall grass, etc. Oh, and if you want to use transparent water (which requires some layering skill), here's my tutorial on it:
    http://zcu.zc.funpic.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=140

Aside from, this currently shows what will probably come to be as a great quest (I look forward to it).

Yes, I know I havent done much on the overworld screens, but that one I made quickly to start Ice Pass, the way to the first level. I have MUCH better overworld screens, I just didnt take screenshots of them. I didnt even finish that screen either..

Anyways, erm2003, I would love to have you beta test this soon. Ill PM you when I finish the 1st level. I am going to make more screens, and improve on previous ones. Thanks for the info guys!
    -- Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

No problem. I will be looking forward to it.

Thread Information