User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I left, came back and started spoiling films.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

I left, came back and started spoiling films.

I'm a Doctor Who fan, as some of you are painfully aware. Recently it was announced that Billie Piper, who plays Rose in the new series, will be leaving at the end of the second (or 28th, depending on who you ask) series. This I could accept, because I've not been all that fond of her 'relationship' with the Doctor in this last series, and there wasn't a hope in hell of keeping that secret for another 3 weeks.

BUT.

At 12:01 tonight, they will be announcing who the Doctor's new companion will be. And I don't want to know. I really, REALLY, REALLY don't want to know. So In an attempt to avoid finding out, I will be sealing myself into a little cocoon and not emerging until Saturday to watch the final episode of the series. I will not be using teh internets, I will not be reading the newspapers, I will not be watching television and. I. Will. Not. Know. Who. It. Is.

So I won't be here for a few days. I'll be back Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Just so you know.

EDIT: Upon reflection, this is kinda like that episode of The Likely Lads where they don't want to know the score of a football match... anyone remember that?
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

Re: I won't be here for a while...

Won't you find out who the new guy is going to be sooner or later?

No offence but making a "I need to take a break" threads is kinda dumb especially since nobody will notice if you are gone for a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.88%

LMAO Now THAT'S fan dedication for you... Giving up the Internet, of your own free will, just to not have the new episode spoiled. Not saying that I couldn't but I'd be hard pressed to find a good enough reason.
    "Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

I doubt they'll say who the new companion is in Saturday's episode, but I would still like to keep myself in the dark until Ms Piper has given up the role. A good example of why I'm doing this is when Eccleston was revealed to not be doing a second series. I would loved to not have known he was going to regenerate into David Tennant.

The whole 'I'm not gonna be here til Sunday' is more for the folks in Forum Games. Everyone else is really supposed to focus on the whole 'I'm so sad I'm gonna hide in my room and not come out' aspect.

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.67%

Wtf is Doctor Who? :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

Hey, that's a good idea, lol. It got leaked, and my Scottish friend showed me the article so I know who it is, but I won't tell you. ^_^

BUT, I hoped Rose would be there forever, lol, I LOVED that her and the Doctor were soulmates...;_; I'll miss her, and I liked the 9th Doctor and I'll miss him too... but the 10th doctor is CUTE so I'll survive, but Chris's acting was awesome. :)

Doctor Who is a Timelord who travels around the universe in his Time ship with his companions he meets on his adventures. Only other Timelords can pronounce his name, so to everyone else he's known as the Doctor. When he dies he is usually able to regenerate into a new body (new actor)

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

Back again!

And I managed to go the whole 4 days without finding out who it was. So imagine my surprise to find out it was Freema Agyeman! Very surprised, seeing as how the character she played last week died. Still, she'll be playing a different character, so that's okay! [/Sarcasm]

Masamune, if you really don't know what Doctor Who is then you deserve to be shot. Couple of sites to inform you:
    The (official) guide to classic Doctor Who
    The (unofficial) Doctor Who guide
    The latest news in the Doctor Who world

And a slight correction Monica... we don't know the Doctor's name. Very few people in the show do.

I'll explain. In the very first episode, his granddaughter has taken the surname Foreman from the owner of the scrapyard where the TARDIS has landed. When Ian Chesterton, her teacher, calls her grandfather 'Doctor Foreman', he replies 'My name's not Foreman!', and from then on in he is known as the Doctor, although it must be said that William Hartnell never introduced himself as such. He occasionally goes by other names (Ace calls the 7th Doctor 'Professor' for some reason, and the Daleks know the 9th as 'The Oncoming Storm'), but he's adopted 'The Doctor' as his name.

God I'm sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

About his name... Yeah I know no one knows it because only other Timelords and Timeladies know it and can pronounce it. I know, being American, I'm a Doctor Who noob but my friend told me a ton of stuff about the classic series, and told me that the show was starting here. He showed me a charity show that started with the Third Doctor talking on this other British show and his companion, can't remember her name, called him Professor too, and one of the rules of the TARDIS was never to call him that, lol.

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

The episode you describe was the special Dimensions In Time, both halves of which were shown on Noel's House Party, with the first part being introduced by, as you say, the third Doctor, Jon Pertwee. That special, as well as being complete and utter crap, is now non-canon, seeing as Eastenders is clearly proven to be just a TV show in the new series (Army of Ghosts).

The companion who called the Doctor 'Professor' was called Ace, and while the 7th Doctor was quite happy for her to refer to him as such, I do remember his 3rd self not being so chuffed at the new name!

Anyway. Thanks for this, it's always nice chatting to those who are just getting into Doctor Who.

EDIT: How'd he show you that charity show, anyway? One of the conditions of it being made was that it'd never be released or replayed after the night... Didn't stop me d/l it, but even so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

I think it got uploaded to YouTube and he gave me the link, and I saw both halves there. If not YouTube then it was some other video site. Also, recently someone uploaded the ENTIRE Tomb of the Cyberman series of eps, and he gave me those links so I could watch it before it was discovered and deleted lol. I have to say, the Second Doctor was pretty cool.

Edit: Oh I have the links in the PM he sent me (on another forum) and those TotCM eps are still there, IM me if you want to see them. :)

Monica
    ~~~

~~~
    Xanga Myspace

Thread Information