3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: The First Level Done, Demo inside

Hey ST in the picture was is there no details in the grass, did you turn the layer off? Anyways, the left way is the way to go. Maybe you should move the bottom left tree so you can see that hole. That is the hole you need to push the statue in to go to the next screen.
    Yeah, in order to see the statues in ZQuest, I had to remove some layers temporarily. (Just clicked 'em off. No biggie.) Yeah, I got the puzzle. :p Thank you. ^^; I added in an edit to let people know I got it. Again, Murphy's law. ;-p

Also, you said you want to increase the enemies in the level and such. In my opinion it actually needs to be lowered in some parts. I still think the leever 3 is a bad idea, however this is just me.
    I faced down the miniboss, and found it far too easy. It's just one new enemy. You have diagonal movement, while it doesn't. You have the ability to stun it, while all it has is speedy movement. You have SOOOO Many advantages over it. I added a few more screens to the miniboss. I want to see just how much people can handle. I also want it known that you can face the end boss Of L1 at any time, rather than just after you finish the rest of L1. It can be difficult, I guess. Not hellishly, but .. not easy.

Also, in the screen below the one you posted, you can make it so the red trees stay permament. I wouldn't do it on the screen to the right, since you need four triggers to open the gate. And if you put it on permament the reds will be gone but the gate will be closed.
    Ah. Thanks. I definitely want to see burned bushes stay down for the count, except if they're involving a puzzle. I may also draw some burnt trees. Usually, it's the brown leaves that are burnable, rather than red leaves. Just me thinking aloud though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

I still think the leever 3 is too hard since it takes two hearts. I made it so you have 5 hearts in the level just to make it easier. How many hearts will you have when you get to the 1st level? Anyways, I still think the enemy count shouldn't be increased, and I will stand by that because that is my honest opinion.

Anyways, what do you mean you can get to the boss without going through the level? I am really confused on that point. How would you get the hookshot and red candle?

Also, go right ahead and change the red leaves and add symbols on the blocks. Thanks.

By the way, I guess I didn't know Murphy's Law. lol

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

I also want it known that you can face the end boss Of L1 at any time, rather than just after you finish the rest of L1. It can be difficult, I guess. Not hellishly, but .. not easy.
    Whoops. I meant that after you finish Level 1, you can face the boss at any time, rather than just immediately when you actually reach the boss. Like, you can leave, gather up heart containers and such, strengthen yourself up for a huge boss, etc. I mean a warp spawns there anyway, so you may as well. Perhaps I'll even place a burnable path in the forest so you don't have to go through the three-screen maze again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%

Shoelace ... Shadowtiger ... everyone else involved ... this is
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !

Really, you should get a job at Nintendo :)

Anyway, my first impression was absolutely overwhelming ... the season puzzle, the block holes, 101 things to do with a hookshot (ok, that name's my invention, but it is that much fun).

Great work, all of you!
    Koopa - former member of AGN and retired ZC developer.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

Guys. We have a midi! I've reviewed all of the midis that have been exhibited so far, and I think This One is the best. It's by Mighty Darknut, made from scratch, I think. It's called Pinneca. It's the closest thing to the Castlevania 64 Dungeon midi I could find.

I'll use all the other midis you've submitted elsewhere though, I assure you. Some of them are just too good to leave out.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

If I'm not mistaken, this is the one you're using for the overworld? Or is it for the 1st dungeon? Sounds good either way though, Josh.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

Thanks. .. er .. thanks Mighty Darknut, not me. :p It's his Midi. This midi will belong to the Forest temple, as I'd mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.52%

I'm not to intrested in playing the game before its compleation, but is I might make a comment bsed on what I've read. "Maps not being there because the final versions not ready?" Coulden't a Generic Map work for a Demo if the final version isn't ready yet? It would be helpful, and few people would be disapointed if a better version replaces it in the final cut.
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

Well the thing is, I didn't mean for what I made to be a demo. I just made the level the best I could to fit the vision, and then gave it to ST. ST told me in chat that I should publicly release it, since it is a public game of AGN's. So that is what I did. That is why there were a lot of things out of place. If it was real demo, I would make everything including the maps polished.

Anyways, I am glad that everyone likes the level. I hope my part in Neofirst makes the game great. I have to go back to my quests now, so I will be unable to help with the next level, but I will try to post my advice and anything anyone needs. I don't know when the 3rd level will take place, but I'll see if I am busy at that time.

Thanks again.

--Shoelace

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

Shoe, I just got done with Neo. Very nicely done. But there are some issues.

Some overheads that don't look right and what happened to the boomerangs that the goriyas throw? It looks like they're just standing pointing at you. Also some of the messages don't last quite long enough to finish reading. Also I'm not a fan of Z3 animation but the animation looks really weird when you walk diagonally.

Other than that, very well done A+ my friend.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Thread Information