0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.63%

Unverified Bug Code Lyoko Quest in Alpha Phase

Greetings!

My Code Lyoko Quest is OFFICIALLY begun. I have got the title screen and MIDI, and Tower #1 nears completion. I plan to have all 8 towers that have been in the first 2 seasons, as well as a full FOREST, DESERT, MOUNTAIN, and GLACIER region. You will collect various items and once you de-activate all 8 towers, you will warp to SECTOR 5 to face X.A.N.A and rescue AELITA.

I am having problems, though, and seek help.

Problem #1: Do I set a timed warp on the title and then warp to the adventure? A keypress would destroy the aesthetics of the title screen.

Problem #2: Once a tower is de-activated, I want the tower to show up BLUE instead of RED, but I can't find a FLAG or COMBO to detect if the piece of triforce has been picked up. Suggestions?

Problem #3: How to change the appearance of ITEMS in the quest (I figured out how to change the looks of the ENEMIES already through LOTS of trial and error.)

Problem #4: How do I create a custom LINK (in the game - I want Link to look like one of the characters, preferrably Jeremie) and a custom quest icon (the pic that shows up beside the quest at the start?)

I'll post the BETA after I get at least the FOREST completed.

Thanks for all the help, people.

gryxzl

PS: BTW, this is a ZC 2.10 quest. I do not (yet) have 2.11 :shakeno:

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.89%

Re: Code Lyoko Quest in Alpha Phase

1. A timed warp would work nice for the Title Screen. If you don't like timed warps, an alternative could be putting Link under the title screen on a conveyor belt. (Have the title graphic layers 5 and 6).

2. You could use boss flags for that. I'm not 100% sure how to use boss flags, since I now use 2.11 Room State Carryovers.

3. Go in the Quest menu to Graphics and then Sprites. You can choose what you want each individual item looks like. Also be sure to go to the Weapons, etc. menu to change the attack graphics for some of the items (e.g. if you use an ax instead of a sword you need to set an ax slash graphic).

4. Edit the Link tiles at the top to whatever you want your character to look like. Follow what's already there as a template. You can choose any tile as a game icon also in the Quest menu.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.85%

Problem #2: Once a tower is de-activated, I want the tower to show up BLUE instead of RED, but I can't find a FLAG or COMBO to detect if the piece of triforce has been picked up. Suggestions?
    Answer: well you could make it so that it warps to a new map but... it would take awile.

working on: the attack of ganon

progress ||||||||||||||||
    each line represents a dungeon
    green:done
    red:not
    blue:almost

:blackmage black mages are sweet

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.63%

Redlink:

Tried the warp to map thing. Too much wasted space. All I need is a combo flag so I can change 3 tiles total on the map to reflect the tower is deactivated. Is there a flag within the combo screen to do this? Like (if you have triforce piece #X display this combo, otherwise display the other tile...)?

Love for fire:

Thanks for the timed warp. Worked well for title. And YES, I'm an idiot overlooked the last 2 things - Link tiles and items. That's what having insomnia at 3:00 AM will do to ya!.

Thanx guys. I have added you both to my Contributors/thanks to list.

BTW, where is 2.11? I can't find the download ANYWHERE!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.25%

:O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.63%

Thanks for the ZC2.11 link, Freedom. Level 1 nears completion. Title is working, map 1 (Kadic Academy) is being tinkered with, as are maps 2 (The Factory) and 3 (Virtual Forest). Anyone know if the 3-stair warps are valid across multiple DMaps? -- never mind, answered my own question. I've found out some SECRETS that I'm implementing as well. Look for swinging/revolving doors, teleporters, and other things. I'll release the beta once someone is manning the Quest DB again...:shakeno: :shakeno:

Thread Information