Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.68%

sabotage dragoon

I need help with killing mud monkey. I can't kill him. He looks like he dies but then he always comes back. I am using my sword on him. thanks
    I am the ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

Re: sabotage dragoon

Hmm... well I don't remember how to kill him but I remember there was abug with Mud Monkey that makes it impossible to beat him. Of course there is a way to avoid that bug, but it's been about 2 years since I fought that tough cookie. I hope someone else can be a bit more specific.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Yes, the sword is the best way to subdue the Mud Monkey. Using the sword on him will make the screen's secrets trigger, one of which is a stair warp to take you into the next "loop" of the boss sequence, causing him to actually lose a hit point. :p

The thing is, you actually have to FIND that stair warp. It looks just like the rest of the floor, so you have to be in the exact correct position that C-Dawg meant for you to be in when you strike the sword flag. Yeah, the thing is, he meant for you to hit the flag (The thing that causes all the secrets to appear, which includes the triggering of the Mud Monkey's facial expression to change to "I've been struck!" - That's a secret too, as well as the floor changing to a stair warp where applicable.) ... Well, you can hit that flag from ANY direction. C-Dawg meant for you to hit the flag from the safest direction. Thus, it'd change a tile to a stair warp and hope that you're already on it when it triggers.

Good luck finding the stair warp. :]

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.66%

I had beaten Mud Monkey several times, so Mud Monkey isn't invincible. But I couldn't beat Mud Monkey without a potion.

Thread Information