1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The needs of the many...

Well it was only a matter of time before I made it back, got a fully functioning super pc, a great job (again) and many useless hours in the midnight to do whatever it takes to get you guys what you need ...I'd like to work with agn on this round but if not I'll again take matters into my own hands if need be.

Basically what i'm asking is what does ZC need and what do you have to contribute ...from what i can tell the QDB could use some help but really what else is going on it's been a while, but I'm in a place again where I'm comfortable to make a few commitments.
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

Re: The needs of the many...

It's really great of you to help out, DC. Indeed, a pleasure to see you back in some sort of reigns.

Right now, I'm focused on enlightening the general ZC Community. I've noticed all the common ZQuest-related questions going on, and I'm working on a solution to all of that. (Notice the alarming frequency of the "Why won't my string show up?" type questions. So easily remedied, but nobody looks for an answer.) Right. So I'm working on cranking out quite a few tutorials at the moment. I have a gang working on them too. ( ZCU ) We're also doing several official tutorials for 2.11. If anyone wants to help out, I'd love to see you there. :) I'll do everything within my power to help this get along. I have all the supplies necessary too. (Photoshop, GIF Movie Gear for animation, ZQuest working, etc.)

Oh, while we're on the subject, I kinda think that a few pinned topics in the ZC areas could use some trimming or condensing. Perhaps a "General FAQ" Thread could be made. ... Hell, I think we should write one of those right now. It'd deal with the following issues:

• Why a guy won't speak.
    • How to rip things into ZQuest
    • How colors work.
    • What _____ is. ("Next," the different modes, etc.)
    • The nature of continuing.

etc etc. I think a trek through the ZQuest help forum may be necessary to see what people are having the most "trouble" with. Would be nice to write about most of those issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

so youre saying it needs less congestiopn within the forums, better organization within the forums, and perhaps a more all inclusive faq?
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.14%

Our first priority is getting the web site back in order, along with a proper quest database. The forums can be addressed later on.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cronic
    so youre saying it needs less congestiopn within the forums, better organization within the forums, and perhaps a more all inclusive faq?
    Well, uh, ... ... I generally feel like a 'tard when posting one-liners like this, but ...

Yes.

My reasons are based along the lines of smoothing out the need to have to look for something or start a new thread to ask. New threads are all well and good, but in terms of ZQuest, I don't think it's actually a GOOD thing if people are constantly asking questions in there. It means that there's something very, very difficult to figure out by oneself with the program. Either the questions are there because people have no patience at all to look through tutorials, or they seriously can't find something.

I would love to see those threads organized in such a way to reduce the number of questions that need to be asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

Quote Originally Posted by jman2050
    Our first priority is getting the web site back in order, along with a proper quest database. The forums can be addressed later on.

thats actually what I was thinking before I even asked ...I just sorta assumed it needed help so be pleased to know that I have contracted a web designer i know (out of pocket) to fabricate a new site for zc one original and one based upon the current design ...with any luck these should be ready in a couple weeks to be passed along to the admins here for approval ...I think ZC needs to be handled more professionally and hopefully we can all work together to do just that!
    -mlk

Thread Information