0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.32%

The Nintendo DS is garbage.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...216376043&q=ds

Judging by their lackluster E3, this is probably comments made by a Sony Exec.
    - goKi

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.43%

Re: The Nintendo DS is garbage.

Not even a minute in, and I can already feel brain cells dying. What the hell is he ranting about?

EDIT: Halfway through, and I still don't frickin' understand... What is the point of this? He sounds like he's trying to save me from myself before I make the stupid mistake of buying a DS. ARGH! You know, I think I'll just resent you from now on for posting this link.
    "Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.83%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

link aside i agree whole heartedly with the topics title ...why such a tiny screen and why a stylus or whatever with no net browser.... :shrugg:
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%

I lol'd. It's a fact... look it up.
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.34%

The PSP has built in wireless access to connect to the internet and to other PSP gamers. So if you're on a PSP, and your friend is on a PSP, you can play games with each other. Doesn't work with a DS though. You have a DS, and your friend has a PSP, you can't use your DS with a PSP, it doesn't work. Look it up, it's a fact.

Glenn the Great

A friend of mine has a Nintendo DS, and he had me play it for awhile. He put in this puzzle game that challenges you to trace a path on a grid using the stylus, so that you don't cross your lines and you go over each tile. This puzzle is featured in many rooms in the Gameboy Zelda games, I think you know which ones. I liked doing those puzzles, so I thought the game would be fun. As it turned out, it was extremely hard to do it with the stylus. The cells on the grid were too small and I kept slipping and having to restart the puzzle. I would have preferred to play it by using the D-Pad to move the cursor over the cells, one cell at a time. I couldn't find that option anywhere. I concluded that the purpose of the game was primarily to give you a reason to use the touch screen. That rubbed me the wrong way.

In my mind, what keeps innovation from becoming a gimmick, is when a new feature is only used when the existing features will not suffice. It would have been easier to use the D-Pad in that game, and they forced me to use the touch screen, so I see that as a gimmick game.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.51%

this guy really sounds like he knows what hes talking about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great
    A friend of mine has a Nintendo DS, and he had me play it for awhile. He put in this puzzle game that challenges you to trace a path on a grid using the stylus, so that you don't cross your lines and you go over each tile. This puzzle is featured in many rooms in the Gameboy Zelda games, I think you know which ones. I liked doing those puzzles, so I thought the game would be fun. As it turned out, it was extremely hard to do it with the stylus. The cells on the grid were too small and I kept slipping and having to restart the puzzle. I would have preferred to play it by using the D-Pad to move the cursor over the cells, one cell at a time. I couldn't find that option anywhere. I concluded that the purpose of the game was primarily to give you a reason to use the touch screen. That rubbed me the wrong way.

In my mind, what keeps innovation from becoming a gimmick, is when a new feature is only used when the existing features will not suffice. It would have been easier to use the D-Pad in that game, and they forced me to use the touch screen, so I see that as a gimmick game.
    That sounds like polarium, which is quite an awesome game. I did not have much trouble dragging across the squares with the stylus at all when I first tried it, and I had never played the DS before.
    The movie sounded like a failed high school speech coming from someone who argues with the word probably.

Glenn the Great

Funny story. The same friend I was talking about, we were leaving a friend's house at night, and he was getting in his car when his Nintendo DS slipped out of his coat pocket and slid into the sewer beneath the sidewalk. We opened up a manhole and he went in looking for it. It had fallen maybe 6 feet, and was still in fine condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%

My DS can cure the common cold, can yours? Thought not...
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Thread Information