vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: How's this for a final boss?

NO U

The final boss will essentially be a platformer boss, believe it or not. (NO! GET ROC'S FEATHER OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Lawl.) I plan on ripping SSBM's Final Destination, planting some awesome scrolling effects into the background, (Rather easily done via freeform combos, thank the mods.) The boss will remain on the right side of the screen, (Although occasionally somehow warping to the left.) and will attack via punching the ground and unleashing fireballs onto the surface where you're walking. (You won't be able to walk up or down much, except to avoid the fireballs.) Occasionally he'll disappear completely and cast lightning onto the arena. Your objective is to pelt him with light arrows until his dark shadow form opens up, revealing an area you can strike with your Master Sword. After three rounds, he'll go down.

Of course, in the third round, he'll start unleashing some particularly nasty attacks, which I won't reveal until the time comes.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    NO U

The final boss will essentially be a platformer boss, believe it or not. (NO! GET ROC'S FEATHER OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Lawl.) I plan on ripping SSBM's Final Destination, planting some awesome scrolling effects into the background, (Rather easily done via freeform combos, thank the mods.) The boss will remain on the right side of the screen, (Although occasionally somehow warping to the left.) and will attack via punching the ground and unleashing fireballs onto the surface where you're walking. (You won't be able to walk up or down much, except to avoid the fireballs.) Occasionally he'll disappear completely and cast lightning onto the arena. Your objective is to pelt him with light arrows until his dark shadow form opens up, revealing an area you can strike with your Master Sword. After three rounds, he'll go down.

Of course, in the third round, he'll start unleashing some particularly nasty attacks, which I won't reveal until the time comes.
    Woah. That's seriously weird. But cool. I don't think I've ever seen any bosses from real Zelda games having complex attack patterns like that (except in Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

EuropeanTigerslayer3.14

That is all.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

The Tower of the Asha'men at The Eye of The World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%

what about Vaati?
    In the eyes of the Ranger, you'd best be on your best behavior.

Zeo: @8ball will I kill any idiots today?
    WBBot: The Magic 8 Ball answers: Cannot predict now.

"ALL cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game." ~Zeo

Sephor: Zeo for President of U.S.A!!!

NoKill completed list: (excluding easy crap like MM2 GB)
    Z 1(2nd) &2, Mario1(Nowarp), MM1-4+6, SuperMetriod

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo
    what about Vaati?
    I'm tempted to say "Overdone," ... ... but seeing as he's quite NOT Overdone yet in the ZC world, (Only in ZC fangames and fanfictions and such.) It sounds like a fairly good choice.

Of course, it's Ganon that has ripped apart the Light Temple, not Vaati. =/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.42%

Great idea, BH4. If you decide to use it, though - Take out the heart shaped hole. It worked for kingdom hearts, but in ZC, it'd be really out of place. And kinda queer. It probobly wouldn't be too hard to fill in on the tiles, I think. But yeah, damn secksi idea.
    Hey, eat this snail quick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.24%

My oppinion. The first would be a good idea because I think it shows the customizability of ZC more. Vatti is a somewhat overused thing, and is not very custom. It may be quicker, but Darkside is better and higher quality..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Hm. Well, here's the thing. For a final boss, it should show two things.

QUALITY <<<]|[>>> QUANTITY

Thus: The Final Boss will be totally unique, but not skimpy on action either.

Now. Picture this. Imagine seeing Vaati battle somewhat like how Dark Samus does in Metroid Prime 2. You'd see him dash and strafe all over the arena while still facing south/down/toward you, and WHILE DASHING, he'd charge a ball of energy, then suddenly stop and shoot it at you. I suppose you'd have no choice but to dodge it as it explodes, and shards shoot out in all eight directions. We can actually do this with autowarp combos. ... I think. I mean, those particularly screens would have to only have one course of action to them, and that would be to dodge his attacks. Otherwise, you'd have to hit him with your sword when he's only based on combos, rather than Freeform combos. When he's moving around with Freeform Combos, there's no real way to pinpoint where you've hit him to enter his next hitpoint loop.

So, if we DID do a Vaati-like boss, (Not saying it'll be VAATI, per se, ... but someone small.) what would you recommend for a final boss?

I figure we should at least kinda tie the beginning of the quest in with the end right now, so we can work on the middle with the beginning and end already conceptualized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.3%

Vaati seems like a good idea, although creating an original character might be a better idea. Don't want to be tied down by restrictions on a character you didn't create.

Who knows, the last boss could even be the legendary 4th Hero of the Britannian Wars. :waggle:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Forsooth good sir, do not involve King Arthur in it. It is bad enough that he wasn't able to remove it from its stone and now uses it as a shiny hammer.

Aria Of Sorrow ftw.

Thread Information