vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Ps3: $499/$599

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great
    Nintendo got good reaction at E3 because they showed off some innovation (I'll restrain from calling it gimmicks). It won't be long after the system is actually released that people will begin to realize for themselves the limitations of the Wii's hardware. People are going to be wishing their Wii games looked as good as what is on their friend's XBox 360. New playstyle innovation has had the effect of letting Nintendo's booth stick out like a sore thumb, thus drawing the crowds, but I think it will be interesting to see how long it's going to actually hold up when the thing is released. It may have been great fun for people at E3 to spend 30 minutes or so using their controller like a hula hoop or swinging a tennis racket, but are people really going to want to do that for hours on end in hardcore fashion?
    But that's just the thing, the system isn't aimed only for "hardcore gamers". The casual and well, unskilled gamers are trying to be racked in. And for the more hardcore gamer you have games like Metroid Prime and Red Steel. Surely much more in the future.

Cloral, ya it goes to show the old tyrant of a president at Nintendo when the GameCube was developed was a moron. The fewer buttons and disc space most certainly killed alot of ports the GC could have gotten. And I'm sure more RAM atleast for dev units would have helped. Hopefully the Wii will be a turning point for Nintendo. Turning back on track more or less. While they won't have the most ubberiffically impressive system, after people get numbed to the newer graphics level of the Xbox 360 and PS3, the Wii won't really look bad at all. The GameCube already was able to pull off some pretty amazing graphics (Resident Evil 4). Sure that's no uh, Gears of War for X360, but then once you get the Wii upgrade I'm sure it'll be capable of some nicely detailed and well suited graphics.

I am still concerned though about the apparent low amount of memory for the Wii. I always advocate having lots of RAM. The X360 has 512MB, where as the Wii is gonna have like 96MB or some strange number. Why, oh why couldn't they have bumped that up to 128MB or even 256MB. You can never have too much RAM. Well unless you have so much you can't use it and it costs so much no one can afford it. Still, I think it could have used more RAM.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great
    (I'll restrain from calling it gimmicks)
    No offense, but how come it seems like if its not the way you want it to be, its a gimmick. I'm surprised you hadn't said the PS3 controller is a gimmick. Nobody is allowed to do something different for risk of it being a gimmick?

Anyway, if its running on the same devkits as Gamecube, how much different is Wii going to be to develop for then? At least it will be cheap, so I won't be wasting as much money if it ends up being a bad system.

Maybe if Cloral ever gets around to making games for it, he'll let us in on how ogod or bad it is. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.39%

I also hope there's more RAM than that...

In the interest of not leading into some kind of heated argument, I think it might be a good idea for people to actually say what it is for something to be a 'gimmick.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.99%

Im probably gona buy a PS3, but only after Metal Gear Solid 4, or Devil May Cry 4 come out, or until the price drops.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu
    I also hope there's more RAM than that...

In the interest of not leading into some kind of heated argument, I think it might be a good idea for people to actually say what it is for something to be a 'gimmick.'
    Ya, but on the other hand, the games are meant to be built around that so it shouldn't be a problem. However porting a game to the Wii (if it's also on 360 or PS3) will be made alot more difficult because of it.

webserverzone

I will be first in line for the PS3

Jeremy

Thread Information