Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.44%

Suggestions wanted

I'm working on my first quest right now. I have the first two (of hopefully many) dungeons complete, and am working on the rest of the overworld and secret combo junk. I had an idea where instead of getting a triforce piece or heart container at the end of a normal dungeon, you'd get an item, like the candle or sword. Then, I'd make chalending Heart Container dungeons where you got, guess what, a heart container! They'd be based on an item you received earlier (like, a boomerand HC thing would require the boomerang to be used in a bunch of different ways). Also, there'd be Triforce dungeons, which I'd put custom bosses and various puzzles in. I wanted an opinion on this idea as well as some more suggestions. I want my first quest to be really good, so I'm open to any and all ideas.
    MEOW

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.59%

Re: Suggestions wanted

It sounds good as long as you have enough unique themes and ideas to go around. Some good advice is to set realistic goals as well. Very rarely is someone's first quest a massive 15+ dungeon hit.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

I like that idea of having dungeons where you win a key item upon completion other than a Triforce piece. I have those in my quest in process too.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.59%

My (new) quest is not centered around the triforce. They are simply there to activate whistle warps. My only problem with giving a item at the end of the dungeon is making interesting puzzles and not allowing the player to freely roam the dungeon without the required items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.11%

I think the best advice is , make the quest the way you want it to be ,
    players come and go some will love it , some will hate it , and they move on ,
    but it's always gonna be your quest :)
    Have alot of fun making your quest

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.44%

Mmk. I guess I'll start with a smaller one. Just to get used to it. Should I start with 2.10 or 2.11?
    MEOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.25%

That really depends... Do you want all of the extra features of 2.11 or do you just want to stick with 2.10 and put up with the MIDI bug. At this point, if I were you, go with 2.11 because odds are, it'll be released within 3-6 months and as a first quest, it'll probably take that long to make it (ok, that's ASSUMING you have a small to moderate size quest, semi-complexity, and maybe a few other things). Even if you feel it'll take longer than however long 2.11 will be officially released, I'd say go ahead and start on 2.11. Just be aware that there are bugs. By the way, for a first quest, you do not have to start with something kind of small even though it's recommended. I started off making a quest with the idea of 15 dungeons (I might change the idea later) and right now, I'm just slowly working my way through the Level 1 area and overworld right now. It looks fine so far (after a lot experimenting with setting up DoR terrain). I know that the first quest Shoelace did (Hero of Dreams) was really good (my favorite so far... until probably The Lost Isle) even though it took him what, 2 years? Not sure if he did quests before that but never posted them but aside from that, start with what you want.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.44%

Aight.